Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blocked in by car double parked

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
What's the deal here

Basically. My gf goes to uni. And parks her car on the street with ZERO parking restrictions.
She returned to a letter on her car saying if she parks there again. The residents will block her in.

So say she parks there again. Which she is entitled to do. What can she do if she's blocked in. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Police matter

Suggest she rings the police as say that this threatening letter has frightened her and she fears violence or damage to her vehicle if she parks where she is legally entitled to do. I would image some PCOs will call round to put the residents right

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ignore threats from playground bullies.
Someone did it to me a several years back but left enough room (after a few judicious slow-moving nudges back and forth) to exit via the pavement.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
fdc0f2100eb5eb96d9b02a429ca3a295.jpg
get her one of these for Valentine's

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Police matter

Suggest she rings the police as say that this threatening letter has frightened her and she fears violence or damage to her vehicle if she parks where she is legally entitled to do. I would image some PCOs will call round to put the residents right

Not sure if they will, I reckon they will say park somewhere else but its worth a try.

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
It is illegal to block someone in or to otherwise prevent them leaving. Even if they park on your drive or property.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It is illegal to block someone in or to otherwise prevent them leaving. Even if they park on your drive or property.
Oh that's alright then I'll start using my neighbors drive

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not sure if they will, I reckon they will say park somewhere else but its worth a try.

Oh, they will. We had this exact situation in our street a couple of years ago. Someone came back to his (legally parked) car to find a note saying that it would be damaged if it was parked there again.

He called the police and all the local residents were questioned about the note and warned that if anything happened to the car, the police would take action. It didn't bother us as we don't have a car but there were clearly some angry residents

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh, they will. We had this exact situation in our street a couple of years ago. Someone came back to his (legally parked) car to find a note saying that it would be damaged if it was parked there again.

He called the police and all the local residents were questioned about the note and warned that if anything happened to the car, the police would take action. It didn't bother us as we don't have a car but there were clearly some angry residents
Hmm seems a lot of trouble to go to for the local plod

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
People seem to think they own the road outside of their property, which, of course, they don't. If there are no parking restrictions, anyone can park there.

As for the police, the letter is threatening behaviour, which is a criminal offence.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Amazing how many people seem to think they have a right to park exactly outside their houses. See more and more putting cones, bins etc outside their houses now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here