Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens - Press Conference

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I agree with those who have said let's see where we are at the end of the season to talk about this in detail before then is not serving any purpose. Let's focus on promotion and then start reviewing how we progress the team.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
All very non commital, but what would you expect? Hes hardly going to pledge his undying allegiance to BHA in his position.
Would be harder to replace in the championship than in the Premier League.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
A bit of digging on social media and you'll see that his wife has been accepted on a course at the University of Brighton in September 2017. Not that it means much but it must show that he isn't definitely off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A bit of digging on social media and you'll see that his wife has been accepted on a course at the University of Brighton in September 2017. Not that it means much but it must show that he isn't definitely off.

Doing what?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If we don't go up, then of course he'll leave. Totally understandable.

If we go up, then he may leave, he may not - CH may not even see him in his plans.

TBH, as long as he gives his all, then that's alright by me, and good luck to him. It's in his interests to keep performing and keep himself in the shop window.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Anyone believing that ANY of our players put our club (or any other club for that matter) before their own earnings potential or interests is deluded.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone believing that ANY of our players put our club (or any other club for that matter) before their own earnings potential or interests is deluded.
That's just philosophy and the same as saying no one ever does anything that's not for themselves.

Sometimes a player feels that a club has been good to them, and it makes the player happy to do something back for the club. That doesn't mean they'll suddenly work for free or ignore the chance to triple their wages, but it does mean the club can be in a better position the otherwise equal rivals.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Watched the interview, nothing in it to suggest that he DEFINITELY won't be here next season.

My god he is a dour fellow.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He's gone if we don't get promoted but so is dunk, Duffy, knockaert, March so nothing new there.

If we get promoted he's only going to stay if we pay him a monster salary like £40-45k a week. Which to be honest we should do given to replace him we'd have to pay £10m for someone.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
I think the message from the press conference is very clear, if we go up he would like to stay if the terms are correct, if we don't he will go. All fair comment really, all we have to do is translate it to our lives and we would all do the same thing.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Think Stephens and Stcokdale may have a few mid table prem teams sniffing around Them come end of the season. Wouldnt even surprise me if a big team was thinking about Stockdale as back up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here