Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens - Press Conference

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
He's off isn't he.

For those that have Seagulls Player and watched today press conference I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

For those that haven't, when questioned about his future he pretty much suggested and insinuated (IMO) that he'll be off in the summer.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
He's off isn't he.

For those that have Seagulls Player I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

For those that haven't, when questioned about his future he pretty much suggested and insinuated (IMO) that he'll be off in the summer.

That's ok, so long as he just remains focussed on BHA between now and May.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
That's ok, so long as he just remains focussed on BHA between now and May.

No doubt about that. Shame, but I think the reluctance to let him leave for Burnley pretty much made his mind up that he was never going to sign a new contract.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we don't go up he's gone, if we do go up we'll need to be recruiting 1 or 2 in central midfield anyway, so not so much of a worry as we'll just get an extra recruit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No doubt about that. Shame, but I think the reluctance to let him leave for Burnley pretty much made his mind up.

You think that by not letting him leave in August (or January, if there was actually any interest then) we did the wrong thing, because he now wants to leave? :jester:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've not seen it but I've never been in any doubt that he will leave this Summer.

Even if we're promoted? Is it because of the northern thing?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Right now, who even needs to think about what he is going to do in June?

Teamsheet for Tuesday night is all we need to worry about.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Tony took an 8 million pound gamble lets hope it is successful

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Right now, who even needs to think about what he is going to do in June?

Teamsheet for Tuesday night is all we need to worry about.

I'd like to think that we've got one eye on next season, whatever division we will be playing in.

Promotion would open up far more options!

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
I thought he gave the usual stock answers when a player is questioned about being out of contract in near future why lay all your cards on the table when contract negotiations are around the corner..." I'm happy at this club and always have been" I will continue to do my best for this team" "I enjoy playing with this team and for this manager" weather that finishes this year or not I will continue giving my best to get this club to the premier league

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Couldn't read too much into it, he's a dour fellow though isn't he.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's off isn't he.

For those that have Seagulls Player and watched today press conference I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
My conclusion is that if we're promoted, he'll look at all the offers he receives, and choose the one that's best for him. I don't think it's particularly unlikely he'd sign for us, unless the management want to discourage others from running down their contracts, in which case he'll be off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here