Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're On Our Way...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Non-compliance to the song police is a punishable offence, punishable by a combination of them not joining in and snarly looks.

As long as we keep the old ones going, i'm not too bothered what new songs people want to get going. I'll join in.

Talking of the song police, there was so much criticism on Nsc about the Go Left chant, that it has now stopped. Then over the weekend I've read that the celebrated Chelsea fan at Fans United was leading it.
Make your minds up, or was it ok then, but not ok now? I'm confused.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Talking of the song police, there was so much criticism on Nsc about the Go Left chant, that it has now stopped. Then over the weekend I've read that the celebrated Chelsea fan at Fans United was leading it.

Hasn't completely stopped - used at Brentford last week................

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That's going to come as a shock to Lerner & Loewe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge0oKZF0sIk

Did Wednesday also write 'Wand'ring Star' & 'Hand Me Down That Can Of Beans'?

Do you mean you didn't know that Lerner and Lowe were well known Wednesdayites?

The lyrics to My Fair Lady were written at half time during a Division 3 (North) game v Accrington Stanley at Hillsborough., in 1956.

Last edited:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Very few songs are ever 'new' are they?

The Sidwell one isn't, for starters (not that it matters one little bit).

That was Exeter's song, best part of ten years ago, for their number one club legend, RYAN HARLEY.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I've always enjoyed this one, any particular reason why so many people dislike it?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I've always enjoyed this one, any particular reason why so many people dislike it?

This with bells on.

As far as I know from NSC'ers this is one that we started first?

Sounds absolutely awesome at away games and equally so when bounced around the Amex. Most against it probably moan about 'going up to win the cup' being sung in SBTS. Really don't get objectors.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
One that suprised me, was the St.Pauli song that Palace nicked

We love it etc
It's from a Ricky Nelson song 'I will follow '

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Let´s open another can of worms. Notice how the singing in the north stand after the game was kept in time by the fact that some people were banging on the bins to keep rhythm. Just saying ,)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
[X] LOUD

[X] SLOW

[X] CONSISTENT Tempo

Who gives two shits who invented it? I didn't write You're Beautiful by James Blunt. But I'll be damned if me singing it in the shower isn't every bit as good as the original.

It's a yes from me.

:thumbsup:

#TeamDrum
#TeamBin

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Let´s open another can of worms. Notice how the singing in the north stand after the game was kept in time by the fact that some people were banging on the bins to keep rhythm. Just saying ,)

.....indeed. Also meant that the whole North Stand were singing the same song, rather than a different one coming from each side. Got to be worth a 1 or 2 game experiment with some sort of large percussion instrument, as long as it's the hands of someone who a) knows what they're doing and b) doesn't use it all the time............??

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Do you mean you didn't know that Lerner and Lowe were well known Wednesdayites?

The lyrics to My Fair Lady were written at half time during a Division 3 (North) game v Accrington Stanley at Hillsborough., in 1956.

Blimey them too aye?

I knew that Rogers & Hammerstein were fans from the little known first draft of Julie Andrew's 'The Hillsborough's Alive With The Saves of Springett' and that Bernstein's original gang names in West Side Story were 'The Owls' and 'The Pigs' before Sondheim suggested that the reference would be wasted on a US audience.

They really are massive aren't they?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Drummer you say? I'll do it.

ra.gif

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
****ing terrible song. Once again someone decides we have to copy the song that every other sodding club are singing. Talk about tempting fate also!

You sound like a right laugh

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
.....indeed. Also meant that the whole North Stand were singing the same song, rather than a different one coming from each side. Got to be worth a 1 or 2 game experiment with some sort of large percussion instrument, as long as it's the hands of someone who a) knows what they're doing and b) doesn't use it all the time............??

Was there not a suggestion before that some of the Whitehawk lads were up for a bit of drumming?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here