Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyclists protesting about road safety

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What does that mean? Where should they go - on the driver's side of vehicles?

If there's a 'blind side', it implies drivers don't have the correct mirrors and/or visibility, which is in itself bloody dangerous.

See below for the correct answer.

no just join the back of the queue like everyone else, and don't come squeezing in down the inside, scratching cars paintwork or banging into their mirrors ....

:thumbsup:

Spot on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The most bizarre thing of all is most adult cyclists actually drive a car as well! I mean, wtf is that all about!?

Must be a bit confusing on the cyclist bigotry front as well?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Let's start a campaign for pedestrians knocked over by cyclists on the pavements

And on pedestrian crossings.
Since Albion have played at the Amex I have used Mithras House park and ride twice, on both occasions I nearly got run over by cyclists jumping a red light at the pedestrian crossing.
One idiot had no lights and even though 2 cars had stopped at the crossing and Albion fans were walking across, he decided to ride through the middle of everyone.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's the Spandex Wankers who ride two abreast just so they can have a leisurely chat, completely oblivious to the inconvenience they are causing, and the potential danger of going opposite side of road to get past etc.

Spandex Wankers. We should force them to ride only in velodromes, public parks, private land, or static in gyms.

Read up on it before you spout such nonsense. They are riding correctly and much more safely than one behind the other, actually.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Exactly.

Those who have no lights and wear dark clothing should be restricted to private land or public parks with no vehicles.

Those lurid spandex wankers should be restricted to a velodrome, or a gym, or roads closed for organised races.

Sorted.

And the huge percentage of car drivers who don't put their lights on in poor visibility?

I don't ride much nowadays, but the attitude of car drivers is appalling. It's like they think they shouldn't look out for other road users.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
[emoji605] [emoji609] [emoji604] [emoji603] [emoji602] [emoji600] [emoji598] [emoji597] [emoji595] [emoji594] [emoji592]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Read up on it before you spout such nonsense. They are riding correctly and much more safely than one behind the other, actually.

Nah. Side by side they're blocking the road, causing problems. One behind the other is much better. If the one in front hits a drain or pot hole and goes down heavily, the second one is bound to follow, which is far more satisfying. Two Spandex Wankers in the dirt with ripped Spandex and tarmac burns, for the price of one.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
It's the Spandex Wankers who ride two abreast just so they can have a leisurely chat, completely oblivious to the inconvenience they are causing, and the potential danger of going opposite side of road to get past etc.

Spandex Wankers. We should force them to ride only in velodromes, public parks, private land, or static in gyms.

.... tossers the lot of them. They should wear something more obvious like woolly jumpers and light coloured jeans especially in this weather.
driving in on my commute it comes to a bit of a standstill on the outskirts of eastbourne... can be stuck in traffic for 15 mins or so. But there's always one of these tossers come haring down the outside. I always try to nudge the car out a bit but they still come round.
and the twats either don't have lights or they're too bright.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Cyclists are tossers, end of.

There's this one category here who are cyclists (who are also tossers)
There's another category there who are drivers (who are impeccable and fautless)
There's yet another category called public transport users
And still another called pedestrians

... and in the dimmest of worlds, these are all mutually exclusive categories

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
What about the tossers who take bloody folding bikes on the train to work? Taking up room on crowded trains, dressed like Spandex Wankers when everyone else is suited and booted. Then they cycle from the station to the office, with their shitty cheap suit crumpled in their rucksack, walk in smelling and sweating, lurid spandex shouting out "look at me and how fit I am", whilst really saying "I'm a tossing cheapskate with a folding bike, I smell but I'm saving the planet", whilst everyone in the office raises their eyebrows skywards in unison, tuts, and mutters under their breath "lurid, smelly, sweaty, cheapskate, eco-warrior, Spandex wanker". You know who you are.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
As some who commutes on a bike a and recovering fron a fracture pelvis and damage to knee ligaments that is going to take months to recover from, after receiving being knocked of but someone not seeing me as they pulled out of a junction in to the side of me as I was passing. This happened despite wear the most hi visibility jacket and five fully charged lights on my bike.

I would like to see more consideration from both sides. Drivers who pass a cyclists them immediately turn left in front them are w@nkers, cyclists who ride at night with no lights wear black hopping on and off pavement are w@nkers.

Most cyclists as i do also drive cars as well. The plonker who didn't see me is not in incredible pain most of the time, the accident will have no affect on their quality of life for distant future.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Wise words. Pavements are for pedestrians and roads are meant for cars! If a cyclist insists on riding on the roads they should ride in the gutter as tight to the curb as possible. It's just best for everyone that way.

A good guide is if the cyclist occasionally clips the curb with their pedal or comes to a brief stop in a drain grate then they're riding correctly. Oh, and they should also stop behind every parked car and look behind them first to check there's no cars behind them before riding around it. I hate those idiots that think they're clever by 'anticipating' the danger and easing out well in advance of parked cars without breaking their pedal stroke...wankers!

The most bizarre thing of all is most adult cyclists actually drive a car as well! I mean, wtf is that all about!? Why even bother cycling on the road when you've got a bloody car sat at home!? Just about sums 'em up really.

Perhaps we could invent some sort of 'cycle' lane that's not quite the pavement and not quite the road

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nah. Side by side they're blocking the road, causing problems. One behind the other is much better. If the one in front hits a drain or pot hole and goes down heavily, the second one is bound to follow, which is far more satisfying. Two Spandex Wankers in the dirt with ripped Spandex and tarmac burns, for the price of one.

Like I said. Do some reading (or just thinking).

If you have to overtake, you think it's better to do it with someone coming the other way, do you? Just because you can squeeze the cyclist into the gutter.

If there's two of them it takes twice as long that you're on the wrong side of the road and in danger if they are one behind the other. It really isn't a difficult concept.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Perhaps we could invent some sort of 'cycle' lane that's not quite the pavement and not quite the road

Possibly. Could then decide to make lots of them 'shared use' and have loads of them just come to a complete end at random places. I think that might just work.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here