Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good can Solly March become?...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
That young man, that young man there ........ different gravy. I don't get to many games but he demolished the poor sod playing full back for Birmingham last season, it was an absolute joy to see.

Coming back for a serious knock and looking even better is a joy to behold.

Couldn't go to the game today (work) but looking at the highlights again and again......... he is ****ing mustard.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
His goal at Brentford got us back in the game.

His volleyed pass to the opposite flank released knocky to set up the first against Burton, he set up the second himself and won the penalty for the third.

Both games he's had poor spells but he's very much entering good form. Hope he keeps his place.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I actually think he's the most elegant yet effective winger I've seen for the Albion. Don't get me wrong, AK is ahead of him, but Solly has the most effortless poise about him as he glides past players. From an attacking point of view he almost looks in slow-motion because it's so balanced, simple and controlled, but I bet from a defensive point of view it's all happening quicker than we could ever imagine.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Solly March is an unbelieveable player don't get me wrong, the only thing that does my head in is the fact he is so left footed it's painful sometimes. Whilst there's no doubting his ability and I know most players favour one foot, but his right boot is almost non existent will that caught out in the prem?
Minor rant aside though what a player we have at the club and let's hope we can keep hold of him

What a redundant comment. Ryan Giggs -- how many times did he use his right foot? David Beckham -- how many times did he use his left foot?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As we've been saying for 18-24 months, he just needs to stay fit and in the team. Can be protected a bit and rotated in and out with lots of 60 minute and 30 minute games but think he needs to feature in every one ideally. With him and Knocky we are spoilt and I'm sure both can fit in the same team.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
That was at home to Cardiff. I don't think that's an example of him being inconsistent, that was the game when he realised he was better than the opposition, and he's never looked back.

Absolutely. It was like an epiphany, that game. I certainly felt yesterday that if anyone was going to produce some flairtastic brilliance it was going to be him rather AK.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Prior to CH I've was never overly impressed with him and if I was it was a one off performance. Before his injury he had for the first time a run of 5/6 games where he looked like a talent and since he has been back he has looked like our most creative option. I've been hugely impressed how far he has come in 2 years considering half of that he has missed due to injury

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A superb player but one who can be targeted for "special attention" by some of our more unscrupulous competitors (Derby anyone???). He can become mind-bendingly good but he could also have his promising career cut short.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
When on song he can make the game look so easy, when he's scratching around for form he can be very frustrating. There was a spell yesterday when Knockaert came inside and you could tell her was just looking to have some fun with March. Them two are going to be an absolute joy to watch.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I thought that March's second half performance yesterday was sublime and a joy to watch. Full of trickery, pace and skill he was almost unplayable. What I find particularly impressive is the way he glides past the opposition as if is they are not there and almost always wrong-foots defenders. It must be a nightmare to play against him as it seems to be impossible to read which way is going to go or what he is going to do. A real talent in my view and one for the club to nurture and keep for the long term. He is undoubtedly Premier League quality.

An afterthought - let's make sure we keep Kermorgant well away from him on 25 February.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Watching March fly down the wing reminds me of the days when Andrei Kanchelskis was with us.

March has international level potential.
Ah yes, the Kanchelskis era. When he played for us he was SO fast that no one ever saw him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Prior to CH I've was never overly impressed with him and if I was it was a one off performance. Before his injury he had for the first time a run of 5/6 games where he looked like a talent and since he has been back he has looked like our most creative option. I've been hugely impressed how far he has come in 2 years considering half of that he has missed due to injury

Even though he was playing in our unbeaten run at the start of the 15/16 season, and for the England U21s from May 14 onwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here