Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bha love'in clubs

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Always felt that Leeds deserve a tiny bit of gratitude for taking a certain goalkeeper off us, at a decent price and thus staving off an Inland Revenue winding up order, at the eleventh hour, that would have closed us down. You can argue that we would have started up again but from what base?
All I ever see on here is endless vitriol fired at them, whilst certain other clubs are praised endlessly.
Agreed, but it was Howard Wilkinson in reality, not Leeds supporters..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I go by clubs where the fans have had a bond... Doncaster, fireman Sam at Gillingham and Bob Gilbert will always be at the forefront for me. Also Wrexham and all the crap they went through, and of course Plymouth recently and also for the obvious fans utd connection. Think that is it for me.

Btw, dont get the hatred for Luton, pretty run down area and ground, but they got absolutely shat on by the FA where others have been helped. Still i only love the Albion...

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Crawley

Our younger Sussex cousin

Never Crawley for refusing to let us ground share.

The cynics amongst us might label them Palace fans, the conspiracy theorists might argue that they thought we'd go out of business up at Gillingham and then they'd become the biggest club in Sussex.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Always felt that Leeds deserve a tiny bit of gratitude for taking a certain goalkeeper off us, at a decent price and thus staving off an Inland Revenue winding up order, at the eleventh hour, that would have closed us down. You can argue that we would have started up again but from what base?
All I ever see on here is endless vitriol fired at them, whilst certain other clubs are praised endlessly.

Leeds :lol: Don't think I've ever met a Leeds fan who doesn't honestly believe that they deserve to be automatically awarded the Premier League and Champions League titles on an annual basis.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

The cynics amongst us might label them Palace fans, the conspiracy theorists might argue that they thought we'd go out of business up at Gillingham and then they'd become the biggest club in Sussex.

Ummm it wasn't CTFC that refused to groundshare it was Crawley Council, from what I remember the club were for it in theory as we would have built a new stand to bring it up to football league specifications.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I go by clubs where the fans have had a bond... Doncaster, fireman Sam at Gillingham and Bob Gilbert will always be at the forefront for me. Also Wrexham and all the crap they went through, and of course Plymouth recently and also for the obvious fans utd connection. Think that is it for me.

Btw, dont get the hatred for Luton, pretty run down area and ground, but they got absolutely shat on by the FA where others have been helped. Still i only love the Albion...

Some of the hatred is decades old - they were our 'rumble-rivals' early 70's even before the Palace 'association' started.
Then their fans behaviour in front of us after the pitch invasion at the end of the Paint Pot cup semi-final at their place - inflammatory to say the least..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Some of the hatred is decades old - they were our 'rumble-rivals' early 70's even before the Palace 'association' started.
Then their fans behaviour in front of us after the pitch invasion at the end of the Paint Pot cup semi-final at their place - inflammatory to say the least..

Absolutely, paint pots can be very flammable.

You don't get the hatred for luton:eek: JCL'S Everwhere!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Had a major love in at Wrexham for the Fans United match a few years ago.

Like Huddersfield, play in blue and white stripes, good stadium, cheap to drink there and pies and burgers for only £1 after the match. Fans are friendly too, and they HATE #DirtyLeeds. Add in HTFC-World and an all round bunch of good eggs.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Don't really like any other club, but always have time for real fans from any of them.

People only say they like clubs because of the actions of their fans, or empathy towards their fans etc.

I have good palace and leeds supporting mates, both of them real fans, good blokes and very down to earth :wozza:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ummm it wasn't CTFC that refused to groundshare it was Crawley Council, from what I remember the club were for it in theory as we would have built a new stand to bring it up to football league specifications.

Exactly.

I can't believe there are still people out there that think it had anything to do with the club.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Never liked Crawley, creepy f***ers.

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Their not friends, do you not recall their wild celebrations when they beat us after our march and some of their fans and ours having a game of what seemed like a ruff version British bulldog after the game.

No... But I do remember recent successes over them both home and away and Craven Cottage is my favourite away ground so I do have a bit of a soft spot for London's oldest club. If that's a crime shoot me!

I also like Sunderland but can't put my finger on why!?!?!?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No... But I do remember recent successes over them both home and away and Craven Cottage is my favourite away ground so I do have a bit of a soft spot for London's oldest club. If that's a crime shoot me!

Why would I want to shoot you, no need for that maybe a little punish: round the head and we can move on ok :kiss:

Can I stop you right there time to :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here