Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever Blanked Someone Famous?

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Francis Rossi of Status Quo fame. His kids and my (then) very small daughter shared a roundabout ride on Brighton seafront while we both stood and watched them. I thought he must get sick of being bothered by people, so I just kind of nodded and smiled and let him enjoy his time just being a dad

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Tony Blair ,whilst working doing up a building in London he was looking to buy. He came to view it and was introduced to us all by the site agent . A few of us decided it was a good time for an unscheduled tea break and left site.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
In the 1980's as a kid having a day in London with my Mum, we walked past..................Bobby Moore.

My Mum said not say anything to him and I sort of froze anyway as we walked past him. Massively regret it though.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
A friend of mine was working on the new Star Wars film as a body double for someone (not allowed to say who?!) and during first day filming she sat in the canteen at studio next to a guy. Just the two of them. He asked what she was doing on the film and she told him, then she asked him what he was doing. He looked at her in surprise and said "you're not s Star wars fan then"? It was Mark Hamill. She had absolutely no idea who he was! They then had a very nice chat for about 30 minutes.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I sat opposite Patrick Moore on a train, I didn't acknowledge him apart from a small nod of the head.
I sat, reading my book, and a small child was being a pain in the arse, shouting, running up and down the aisle, and generally misbehaving until Patrick Moore,'accidentally ' tripped the little treasure up. Moore apologised profusely to the child and his equally obnoxious parent, and when all had settled down , gave me a small knowing smile.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Blues Kitchen, Camden High Street, Pete Doherty sitting next to me at the bar, no hat on, no entourage. Turned my back :smile:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Many years ago in a pub, I was running in Richmond-on-Thames.
I refused service to a drunk from the river bank and asked him to leave.
When he had gone I was told, "you do know that was Peter Green don't you?"

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't intentionally blank anyone except

Ian Holloway, Frank Arnesson and Damien Comolli. - All of them I refuse to acknowledge or speak to for different reasons.

I would also blank Ron Atkinson but haven't had the opportunity to do so.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Bumped into Sir Laurence Olivier outside the Harrod's lift, Mrs had to tell me who the old codger was!

synavm

May 2, 2013
Brian May and Peter Andre the main ones. The former, because I didn't want to disturb the guy, the latter was very deliberate.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
Some time in the 90's was sat in the reception area of the Albany Hotel Birmingham reading a newspaper while awaiting a conference . I felt a wet nose rub against my hand, looking up it was the nose of Schnorbitz the dog ..... i gave the dogs head a playful rub and went back the sports pages of the newspaper .... totally blanking the guy who was holding the lead .... Mr Bernie Winters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Foodies and / or fans of Great British Menu ,may be familiar with judge and restaurateur Oliver Payton. As unlikely as it seems he must have spent a night in Portslade a few years ago as he was behind me in the queue for Tony's coffee van before my morning choo choo. By the time I'd thought that "are you going to mark his Americano out of 10?" was a HILARIO thing to say he'd buggered off.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
i got to know the meteors original manager Nick Garrad when I lived in Camden and one of the original members Nigel Lewis was reforming a band called the Tallboys and meeting in the Spread Eagle for a chat with Nick about it, me and my mate were invited. So about after fifteen minutes of hanging on Nigel's every word about the old days and the first gigs etc. My mate turned to me and whispered "is that Morrissey sat next to Nigel"

"Yeah" I replied and we carried on lapping up every word from Nigel and another bloke called Jesse Hector.

Morrissey stayed for one more drink said his goodbyes and left.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brian May and Peter Andre the main ones. The former, because I didn't want to disturb the guy, the latter was very deliberate.

I have met Pete Andre but chatted to him quite a bit. He was staying, and filming a reality tv thing, in the same hotel as me in Courchevel a few years back. Seemed a decent guy and quite friendly and chatty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I once had the misfortune to be standing next to Jim Davidson at Heathrow. I looked at him and decided to look the other way. I guess he was at the height of his alcoholism as he looked horrible; ruddy face with very dry skin and a cheap navy suit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anthony Knockaert ancd Jiri Skalak and their families in Wagamama in Brighton.

Decided to let them get on with their meal in peace instead of awkwardly asking for an autograph.

Good for you. I'd do the same. I can understand people wanting their attention at matches but away from that they should be left alone.

I once passed a thoughtful looking Oscar Garcia in Church Road. My friend couldn't understand why I didn't engage him. I explained that he had gone out to walk his dog and not have an elongated conversation with a stranger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here