Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever Blanked Someone Famous?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Brian May and Peter Andre the main ones. The former, because I didn't want to disturb the guy, the latter was very deliberate.

I have met Pete Andre but chatted to him quite a bit. He was staying, and filming a reality tv thing, in the same hotel as me in Courchevel a few years back. Seemed a decent guy and quite friendly and chatty.

I was about to say Andre always comes across as a really decent & nice family man...?

Jan 30, 2008
I once had the misfortune to be standing next to Jim Davidson at Heathrow. I looked at him and decided to look the other way. I guess he was at the height of his alcoholism as he looked horrible; ruddy face with very dry skin and a cheap navy suit.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IT WAS CHEAP ???
regards
DR

DavePage

Adam Ant at the Centre, he sang to the masses, I went to the bar, actually you could include Status Quo in that , I went back in after an hour and it seemed they were still playing the same tune.
Add The Moody Blues to that, normally really like them but the played the first set with an Orchestra, they were so far up their own ones with self congratulations. I even left the Centre because they were closing the bars after the interval. Met up with the misses to find I missed the good bit, playing as they should hey ho

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good for you. I'd do the same. I can understand people wanting their attention at matches but away from that they should be left alone.

I once passed a thoughtful looking Oscar Garcia in Church Road. My friend couldn't understand why I didn't engage him. I explained that he had gone out to walk his dog and not have an elongated conversation with a stranger.

Passed GG (and Mrs G) a couple of times in the aisles in Waitrose in Burgess Hill, and KLL in Tesco..........never tried speaking to them. Should be able to choose their groceries in peace

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Danny Murphy and his wife Joanne at Glorious Goodwood on ladies day.
We were sat in the owners bar and they both walked up and put their empty champagne glasses on my table whilst looking at me probably waiting for me to ask them for their autographs or something. After nothing back from me I told them to pick them up and put the glasses on the bar. They did and that was that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was scribbling out a bet at Goodwood races next to Matthew Le Tissier, didn't even break my stride.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Danny Murphy and his wife Joanne at Glorious Goodwood on ladies day.
We were sat in the owners bar and they both walked up and put their empty champagne glasses on my table whilst looking at me probably waiting for me to ask them for their autographs or something. After nothing back from me I told them to pick them up and put the glasses on the bar. They did and that was that.

Well done, I seem to remember he was the violent little scrote that took out Liam Bridcutt at the Amex, when the referee bottled his red card.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I once had the misfortune to be standing next to Jim Davidson at Heathrow. I looked at him and decided to look the other way. I guess he was at the height of his alcoholism as he looked horrible; ruddy face with very dry skin and a cheap navy suit.

Jim Davidson has a similar story about the day he blanked Richard Fairbrass, who thought he was too sexy for his cheap, navy suit.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Lady Diana (then Spencer) smiled at me in HSBC bank, Holborn Circus London. I wish I had thought of something to say !

I hope you realise that if you had engaged her for just ten seconds the whole course of her life could have changed. You may have altered the course of history, which may have even ultimately saved her life but you chose not to. How do you live with yourself with that on your conscience ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Carl Fogarty, ex World Superbike Champion, was signing copies of his 'autobiography' ( cannot remember who the author was) in Churchill Square. So I bought a book, gave it to him to sign, and then shoved my Ducati 916 fairing panel under his nose to also sign, thereby denying his attention seeking Mrs (Michela) the opportunity to also sign/defile my book. He laughed and told me that I was 'fooking brave'.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Carl Fogarty, ex World Superbike Champion, was signing copies of his 'autobiography' ( cannot remember who the author was) in Churchill Square. So I bought a book, gave it to him to sign, and then shoved my Ducati 916 fairing panel under his nose to also sign, thereby denying his attention seeking Mrs (Michela) the opportunity to also sign/defile my book. He laughed and told me that I was 'fooking brave'.

I met Carl Fogarty once, Mrs Chopper sponsored the Wrigleys Airwaves Ducati British Superbike team (GSE Racing) for 3 years or so.
He was a guest of the team at Brands Hatch and he sat down with us and told us a few stories and answered our questions, what a top bloke he was and like all motorbike racers had my upmost appreciation, they all have ice running thtrough their veins to be able to do what they do.
One famous person i definitely would not blank.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I met Carl Fogarty once, Mrs Chopper sponsored the Wrigleys Airwaves Ducati British Superbike team (GSE Racing) for 3 years or so.
He was a guest of the team at Brands Hatch and he sat down with us and told us a few stories and answered our questions, what a top bloke he was and like all motorbike racers had my upmost appreciation, they all have ice running thtrough their veins to be able to do what they do.
One famous person i definitely would not blank.

Met him a few times, can be a bit of an arse, but maybe down to his publicity/security team rather than him. I work in the bike industry so have been quite lucky to meet a few demi gods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here