Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Else Admit To Discretely Applauding The Burton Goal?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I was too pissed I missed it, including our 3.... 4

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep. I actually wanted them to score to see if their fans would actually move or react at all.

I know there weren't many of them, but I thought at times they'd fallen asleep!

Cracking free-kick.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
One of the best free kick goals I have seen in many a year. I think that they have now become my favourite "other team" in the championship. They caused us some problems in second half with some good football. They didn't cheat (as far as I could tell) or lose the plot too much with any dangerous tackles. I will be following their results and hoping they stay up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Not sure what your problem with their fans is. Shared a round with some of them before the game and they were funny, knowledgeable and humble.

A far shout from ground ticking day trippers. Let's not forget it's a f**k of a distance to travel for a team struggling to stay in the division, a team that also struggles to hit 6k for a home game.

There but for the grace of God, go I

Good point. Their forum posters were calling it 'historic' to be coming to the Amex. I saw three of them walking up from the station before the game and said 'well done guys' with a smile and got a 'thanks mate'.
I ALMOST felt sorry for them all, watching their team get routinely dispatched by a strolling Albion.
As you say BB, 'there but by the grace of Bloom go us'. Hope they stay up, played good open football and snatched a consolation cracker of a goal, (courtesy of a nutless wanker of a ref). Didn't clap though, too incensed at the decision, plus we need every point and every goal we can get.

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I clapped, it was an automatic response to a moment of sublime skill. It helped I knew it was irrelevant ( we won't catch Newcastle's goal difference and no one below will catch ours) but then again I clapped one of the Mccourt's goals he scored for Barnsley at the AMEX when he left a number of our players on their arses. not a 'jolly well played' clap but an auto response but still ffs clap.
Love the Albion (and I mean really love the Albion), want to see us win but not sour or bitter if we fall to a bit of glorious or outrageous skill. It's a game for ffs and a game of glory and the scorer covered himself with it and both he and fans will long remember that goal..

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Generally clap excellent goals by the opposition - provided of course we are at least 3 up at the time :lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I just pick holes in where we could have done better :wink:

Stockers should have stood more to his right and there should have been someone on the post.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Funny isn't it? When watching Sussex play cricket I will stand and applaud an opposition batsman as he leaves the field after an outstanding innings, but I won't (openly) accept things which adversely affect the Albion. I must suffer from Selective Sportsmanship Syndrome.......

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I very briefly put my hands together when it went in. I noticed a fair sprinkling of others doing likewise in front of me in the West Upper too. Was a great goal.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I said out loud, Good goal, but no clapping.
On the replay at the Amexit looked to me like it took a nick off someones head in the wall which pushed it just out of Stockdales reach, I will have to look at the Player highlights when they are up.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We miss out by 1 bloody goal again i will certainly have to revisit my clappage reasoning for this opposition goal

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I said out loud, Good goal, but no clapping.
On the replay at the Amexit looked to me like it took a nick off someones head in the wall which pushed it just out of Stockdales reach, I will have to look at the Player highlights when they are up.

Seen them now and I was wrong, goes straight in.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Makes a change from clapping the away fans nonsense, thank god. Very pleased the club now announces the attendance after the final whistle.

It was a very well taken free kick. He had displayed some silky skills a few minutes earlier to get out of a tricky situation in the left back position.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
At 3-0 up I was wondering whether it was right for me to wish they scored so I got a point in the score predictor! Bad fan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here