Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'French Film' thread

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
-Baguette Carter

-You've Got Snail

-and the somewhat maligned Pierce Brosnan Bond vehicle, The World Is Not Un Oeuf

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)

Great film. And Isabelle Adjani, well, words fail me.

OMG - one of my faves of all time; possibly due in no small part to the walking perfection that is Mademoiselle Adjani. I remember watching it one New Year in a flat in Liverpool with a few hung over lads - must've been Jan 1989.....not a word of chat for 90 minutes or so :)

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
OMG - one of my faves of all time; possibly due in no small part to the walking perfection that is Mademoiselle Adjani. I remember watching it one New Year in a flat in Liverpool with a few hung over lads - must've been Jan 1989.....not a word of chat for 90 minutes or so :)

Yes....she is stunning in that. Not at all shabby now, in fact.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Watched this last week, a great thriller with some top music along the way. Excellent.

208_49231.jpg

Ne Le Dis A Personne.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
A Summer’s Tale (1996):

View attachment 90095

Watched this film on BBC4 many years back, recently bought the DVD. Enchanting story set in an Atlantic coast resort.

This is an almost perfect film and my all time favourite. If you haven't watched any other Rohmer films, get hold of Rendezvous in Paris first and then dive in - Rohmer is just magical

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Sorry if mentioned already. The Hoard is a top notch zombie flick. Typically French being super violent with the obligatory boobies!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This. Recommended by someone on here. Possibly my all time favourite film, foreign or otherwise. The whole film is on YouTube.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Thanks. I’ll look that out and get the dvd.

Oh and Pauline a la Plage is wonderful too. All the men in it are complete dolts, and it features Amanda Langlet, the woman who played Margot in A Summer's Tale, when she was a teenager, so is almost like an accidental prequel. My avi is from a Rohmer film - along with the Albion Rohmer is my big obsession!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Many great films so far mentioned but would like to add "Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud (Lift To The Scaffold) with Jeanne Moreau and a magnificent music soundtrack by a group led by Miles Davis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here