Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are schools loosing control

Jan 30, 2008
heard on the news that teachers in some areas will be wearing body cams to record behaviour in the class room
, also to many parents coming into schools telling staff how to treat their kids ,kids damaging school property , where's all the discipline gone FFS :rant:
regards
DR

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Be stewards at the Amex next, wearing body cameras.

Where will this ever end...............

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
heard on the news that teachers in some areas will be wearing body cams to record behaviour in the class room
, also to many parents coming into schools telling staff how to treat their kids ,kids damaging school property , where's all the discipline gone FFS :rant:
regards
DR

I think you have answered your own question. No discipline/respect from parents leads to huge problems in schools. All teachers can do is tell pupils off or give them detentions - if parents then storm into schools arguing with teachers about their precious getting a detention it makes things very hard. The discipline begins at home.
Schools cannot simply kick out poorly behaved kids any more either - there is a mountain of paperwork to wade through first and even then it often gets over turned.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am talking 1988 now,but when i was in my last year bar 1 at a certain decent Brighton school,the stand in teacher (male) was so lacking in control,that two or three of the girls in our class were actually using scissors and cutting his hair...

Ten years or so earlier my brother was receiving the cane,for lesser crimes..

Jan 30, 2008
I think you have answered your own question. No discipline/respect from parents leads to huge problems in schools. All teachers can do is tell pupils off or give them detentions - if parents then storm into schools arguing with teachers about their precious getting a detention it makes things very hard. The discipline begins at home.
Schools cannot simply kick out poorly behaved kids any more either - there is a mountain of paperwork to wade through first and even then it often gets over turned.
I appreciate that , but I bet it's a hard core of parents causing the problems , which then affects discipline on a larger scale with in the school ?
regards
DR

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
regards
DR

The sea always (without exception) reflects the color of the sky-grey seas,grey skies,blue seas,blue skies...

Schools reflect society,as do the kids,look to the parents.....also a contributing factor may be (not exclusive-or perhaps even a reason) Parent that are Governors maybe too..

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I appreciate that , but I bet it's a hard core of parents causing the problems , which then affects discipline on a larger scale with in the school ?
regards
DR

Wouldn't disagree with that. When you get parents backing kids who misbehave, refuse to work, refuse to do homework etc it then becomes harder to enforce the rules on the others.

Jan 30, 2008
The sea always (without exception) reflects the color of the sky-grey seas,grey skies,blue seas,blue skies...

Schools reflect society,as do the kids,look to the parents.....also a contributing factor may be (not exclusive-or perhaps even a reason) Parent that are Governors maybe too..
can't have kids ruling the roost at school, running amok abusing teachers and staff :nono:
regards
DR

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I think it would help boost productivity during lessons. There would be less disruptive students if everyone knows the teacher has a camera to film their misbehaviour.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
can't have kids ruling the roost at school, running amok abusing teachers and staff :nono:
regards
DR

I suppose a lot has to do with the schools having a hand tied behind the back so to speak,fear of discipline for risk of running into a lawsuit may come into it too,also general standards have fallen across the board,i mean even the F word is getting more common place on normal TV these days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here