Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert and Stephens

bhafc4life03

May 26, 2014
Do you think that if we don't go up Knockaert will be off to a premier league team

And will Stephens sign a new contract

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Trying not to think too much about whether we go up or not. Long way to go and I don't want to get ahead of myself.

However, I wouldn't blame a few of the players if they left for a Premier League team, should we fail to get there. Knockaert seems to love it here, but sometimes that isn't enough. It's not necessarily about money either. Just about playing at the highest level, which is the dream for every footballer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Do you think that if we don't go up Knockaert will be off to a premier league team

And will Stephens sign a new contract

Yes, Knockaert will be off if we don't go up without a doubt. I admire HKFC optimism but can't see him staying despite his feelings for the club.

No chance Stephens will sign a contract.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes, Knockaert will be off if we don't go up without a doubt. I admire HKFC optimism but can't see him staying despite his feelings for the club.

No chance Stephens will sign a contract.
Very much this

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well if we went up I'd let Stephens go:D
If we don't go up...
Knocky will go to villa and dunk will go to spurs....March will go to Southampton and Duffy to Middlesbrough.

Mystic meg:D

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just like to point out Derby have kept most of their players year in year out so not sure the thinking behind the mass exudes if we don't get up this season. You really think TB would just throw in the towel if this year isn't to be??

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just like to point out Derby have kept most of their players year in year out so not sure the thinking behind the mass exudes if we don't get up this season.
Blooms already stated that cuts maybe needed and he always wanted us to be self sufficient although you'd need to be in the prem for that.
Think we will look to get 30 million by selling 4 players :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Stephens would be gone.

Stockdale would also be a big concern as his contract is also out.

Dunk, Knockaert maybe even March would be highly sought after and a myriad of clubs would be temping them away for a) more money b) chance at proving themselves at highest level

Serious questions would also be asked of Sidwell and Bruno at their ages, it's sad to say.

Altogether not good, but we can predict a couple of the above might not happen, so in addition to those that remain we'd still have a platform to build on.

bhafc4life03

May 26, 2014
Stephens would be gone.

Dunk, Knockaert maybe even March would be highly sought after and a myriad of clubs would be temping them away for a) more money b) chance at proving themselves at highest level

Serious questions would also be asked of Sidwell and Bruno at their ages, it's sad to say.

Altogether not good, but we can predict a couple of the above might not happen, so in addition to those that remain we'd still have a platform to build on.
Stockdale's out of contract?! Need to get him a new contract, our best player this season imo

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Stephens would be gone.

Think you can add Kayal to this as well, i am convinced he has a release clause in his contract saying if we don't go up provided we get a certain fee he can leave.

It would be a massive rebuild job and would probably mean mid table for a few seasons at best.

Basically it is this season or never (for this squad).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Think you can add Kayal to this as well, i am convinced he has a release clause in his contract saying if we don't go up provided we get a certain fee he can leave.

It would be a massive rebuild job and would probably mean mid table for a few seasons at best.

Basically it is this season or never (for this squad).

Think you are doom mongering a tad, yes you can add Kayal to the maybe list, but I don't think TB would authorise a firesale.

We would want to get big money for those who want out whilst trying to convince the likes of Kayal, Duffy, March etc, to stay. We'd spend well and assuming CH is still in charge, we could still be challenging playoffs.

The kick in the teeth would be losing our best midfielder, and the best GK we've had in my lifetime for nothing.

It's easy to be negative though being albion fans, firstly we'd have to not get promoted and then we'd have to underestimate our chairman's negotiating power and ambitions.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If we don't make it up this season I am afraid that there will be a clearing out of the squad to balance the books, as there will doubtless be quite a few decent offers being received. We can't sustain our current losses for too much longer without falling foul of FFP (probably) so I suspect we shall have to cut our cloth accordingly. I fear a few years in the relative doldrums (Ipswish sort of level) while the squad is rebuilt and the development players come through.

But I freely admit I don't know a damn thing. Happy to trust Bloom and Hughton, who've done a magnificent job thus far.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Think you are doom mongering a tad, yes you can add Kayal to the maybe list, but I don't think TB would authorise a firesale.

We would want to get big money for those who want out whilst trying to convince the likes of Kayal, Duffy, March etc, to stay. We'd spend well and assuming CH is still in charge, we could still be challenging playoffs.

The kick in the teeth would be losing our best midfielder, and the best GK we've had in my lifetime for nothing.

I think i am just being realistic, i am still surprised he signed a new contract and didn't hold out like Stephens. I can only think the reason he signed is there is an agreement that he can go to a Premier League club for an agreed fee. Obviously i could be completely wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here