Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewals and Pricing for 2017/18

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Club needs a decent ticket exchange, it's crazy that you can't sell tickets on.

I don't doubt they will have one if we get promoted. They might well have one if we don't.

I'm going to hold on to my season ticket anyway. I can't bear the thought of not being part of the action.

Good man!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
hans kraay fan club and AWAYDAY, I'm going to keep it going. Would be so gutted if we do get promoted, your right I can probably work something out here.

Irony is, we may have more saturday kickoffs IF we go up. Whilst I'm sure Sky will still like us, they will have many more favourites to show keeping us off the tv every week.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Although I understand the "If we are in the Premier League the price per game has gone up a lot" view, it's not one I personally share.

I simply don't measure my season ticket in terms of the number of games it entitles me to attend. It's my small (non-Bloom-sized) buy-in to 9 months of the thing that brings me more enjoyment and entertainment than anything else I do, or spend time and money on.

I also go to the Amex to watch the Albion and not the opposition, but I also know that a Premier League flavoured Albion will cost significantly more than the current one.

One man has given hundreds of millions of pounds to the club we both support. I'm not sure the pleasure derives from it is much different in scale to my own, and I'm happy to chip in a little bit more to keep it all going.

I also don't lose sight of the fact that those of us who can afford Albion season tickets are lucky to be able to do so. To many people it's a luxury that they could not afford.

This, is a great post.

(Do I get double #licker points for supporting the 'boss' on a post supporting the club?)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Irony is, we may have more saturday kickoffs IF we go up. Whilst I'm sure Sky will still like us, they will have many more favourites to show keeping us off the tv every week.

I wouldn't be sure they'll all be Saturdays, but they'll definitely be less evening games. There are a lot of Prem games every Sunday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This season there have been 3 midweek sets of fixtures scheduled for the PL, against god knows how many we have this season

Indeed. The 'four less home matches' that some are hung up on, are effectively ALL midweek rounds of fixtures.

D

Deleted member 22389

I was looking at Bournemouth results, yes lots of sat and sun games, suits me. Only a few mid-weekers.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've missed far more home games this season than usual, simply because our good run has meant more midweek fixtures due to Sky moving the dates. I reckon that I'll see more home games next season if (IF) we're promoted, notwithstanding the fact that there would be four fewer games.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the newly promoted clubs HAVE to be shown live a couple of time in the first 5 or 6 weeks of the PL.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the newly promoted clubs HAVE to be shown live a couple of time in the first 5 or 6 weeks of the PL.

They would be, but remember that there are no fewer than FOUR Sky / BT live slots on each round of fixtures, that ARE on the Saturday or Sunday, sometimes five.

Saturday 12.30pm and 17.30pm
Sunday two matches, sometimes three, back-to-back.

Just need to cross fingers that we avoid the abomination that is Monday Night Football.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
They would be, but remember that there are no fewer than FOUR Sky / BT live slots on each round of fixtures, that ARE on the Saturday or Sunday, sometimes five.

Saturday 12.30pm and 17.30pm
Sunday two matches, sometimes three, back-to-back.

Just need to cross fingers that we avoid the abomination that is Monday Night Football.

Plus there are 10 Friday night slots they can use too, I think there have been 3 used so far this season

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This years TV arrangements which will be the same for next season

The 2016-17 Premier League season commences on August 13. The new three year TV deal begins this season with the following packages:

Package A: 28 at Sat 12.30pm Sky
- 6 1st picks
- 14 2nd picks
- 8 5th picks

Package B: 28 at Sat 5.30pm BT
- 9 1st picks
- 12 3rd picks
- 7 5th picks

Package C: 28 at Sun 1.30pm/2.15pm Sky
- 15 2nd picks
- 6 4th picks
- 7 5th picks

Package D: 28 at Sun 4pm/4.30pm Sky
- 18 1st picks
- 10 4th picks

Package E: 28 at Mon 8pm (min 18) or Fri 7.30pm/8pm (max 10) Sky
- 15 3rd picks
- 13 4th picks

Package F: 6 midweek; 8 at Sat 12.30pm or Sat 5.30pm or Sun 12pm BT
- 3 1st picks
- 7 2nd picks
- 4 4th picks

Package G: 8 Bank Hols; 6 at Sun 1.30pm/2.15pm or Sun 4pm/4.30pm Sky
- 2 1st picks
- 2 2nd picks
- 8 3rd picks
- 2 4th picks

Club Quotas (in alphabetical package order):
Maximum: 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2 (Total = 29)
Minimum: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0 (Total = 5)

Pick Totals:
- 38 1st picks
- 38 2nd picks
- 35 3rd picks
- 35 4th picks
- 22 5th picks

D

Deleted member 22389

I've missed far more home games this season than usual, simply because our good run has meant more midweek fixtures due to Sky moving the dates. I reckon that I'll see more home games next season if (IF) we're promoted, notwithstanding the fact that there would be four fewer games.

I have missed loads, even on the Saturday, starting so early I feel absolutely shattered by 11am. I will keep the season ticket going.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure what you mean?

I'm ok with the price rise - I'm just reminding 'Drew' about his previous disgusting comments about Bloom (see below)

Post 147
'It is penny pinching of the highest order.'

Post 162
'..under Bloom, I'm just saying I think this increase is unnecessary penny pinching.'

'Disgusting comments'! You must be very isolated from the real world if you consider comments like that as disgusting.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Although I understand the "If we are in the Premier League the price per game has gone up a lot" view, it's not one I personally share.

I simply don't measure my season ticket in terms of the number of games it entitles me to attend. It's my small (non-Bloom-sized) buy-in to 9 months of the thing that brings me more enjoyment and entertainment than anything else I do, or spend time and money on.

I also go to the Amex to watch the Albion and not the opposition, but I also know that a Premier League flavoured Albion will cost significantly more than the current one.

One man has given hundreds of millions of pounds to the club we both support. I'm not sure the pleasure derives from it is much different in scale to my own, and I'm happy to chip in a little bit more to keep it all going.

I also don't lose sight of the fact that those of us who can afford Albion season tickets are lucky to be able to do so. To many people it's a luxury that they could not afford.

To be honest I probably agree with pretty much most of what you have put. The price rise doesn't affect me because I am lucky enough to afford it. I don't make decisions on buying a season on the price of a ticket, nor do I do that when I consider which away games to go to. As regards TB, I'm quite comfortable that, assuming promotion, next season he can start to recoup some of his investment or, at the very least, be in a position where he doesn't have to sub the club £20m a season!

My comments were more about how much extra revenue the increase will actually raise when compared to the massive increase of tv income from about £3.6m to possibly over £100m. I did describe them as penny pinching but in view of the tizz that Awayday has got himself into regarding them I suppose I should withdraw them before he does himself a mischief!!! What irks more though is what I would describe as spin. I would rather the club come and say that prices are going up and whilst it could be in the order of 24% per game if we go up, the club will have additional costs because of promotion, eg floodlights, GLT, policing etc etc. What's wrong with being honest?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What irks more though is what I would describe as spin. I would rather the club come and say that prices are going up and whilst it could be in the order of 24% per game if we go up, the club will have additional costs because of promotion, eg floodlights, GLT, policing etc etc. What's wrong with being honest?
I'm with you on this. It is irritating but it seems we are in a minority on here in being bothered about it.

In an ideal world then ticket prices per game (ST and extra sales) could have been frozen in the event of our promotion to the PL. Lots of reasons why they haven't been - some good, some not so good.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I've only skimmed through the thread but there seems to be others who, like me, didn't think the 2-5% increase unreasonable. But then the penny dropped!

If we DO get promoted we are paying the price hike for FOUR fewer games AND we will have games early and late on Saturdays and on Sunday afternoons and on Monday evenings. Given the shambolic state of the transport infrastructure (P&R but more particularly the trains) getting to and from those games is going to be even more of a nightmare.

If we dont get promoted, how can Barber justify a price hike well above the rate of inflation for the same product/service?

Doubtless there will be some on here who are getting 5%+ pay increases each year....but there will be many more I suspect who will be getting nothing like.

RowXintheNorth

Aug 12, 2011
Bishopstone
Personally, £495 for next season compared to £475 for this season travel included, watching the team I love in a fabulous stadium is barely worth worrying about. I renewed this morning. Thank you TB, very much indeed, a chairman the envy of all.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
To be honest I probably agree with pretty much most of what you have put. The price rise doesn't affect me because I am lucky enough to afford it. I don't make decisions on buying a season on the price of a ticket, nor do I do that when I consider which away games to go to. As regards TB, I'm quite comfortable that, assuming promotion, next season he can start to recoup some of his investment or, at the very least, be in a position where he doesn't have to sub the club £20m a season!

My comments were more about how much extra revenue the increase will actually raise when compared to the massive increase of tv income from about £3.6m to possibly over £100m. I did describe them as penny pinching but in view of the tizz that Awayday has got himself into regarding them I suppose I should withdraw them before he does himself a mischief!!! What irks more though is what I would describe as spin. I would rather the club come and say that prices are going up and whilst it could be in the order of 24% per game if we go up, the club will have additional costs because of promotion, eg floodlights, GLT, policing etc etc. What's wrong with being honest?

Tony Blooms Blue and white Army!!!

:clap:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

you still droning on? zzzzzzz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here