Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewals and Pricing for 2017/18

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Seems fine to me. Bigger increase per game if we get promoted. Mine would be an extra £5.72 but to watch Premier League football. I can't see many, if any cancelling just because of the increase

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
I'll make it simple for you. If you are a season ticket holder, work out how much you pay for a game currently then work out how much you will pay for a game next season on the basis we get promoted.

I believe most on this thread have already worked that out.

It's a few quid extra a season. I'll make it simple for you. Don't come or come and stop your whining.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's not 'spin'.

That is exactly the amount the direct debit will increase. My dd isn't going up by ~25%.

Well I'm pleased for you that you don't see it as spin.

Seems fine to me. Bigger increase per game if we get promoted. Mine would be an extra £5.72 but to watch Premier League football. I can't see many, if any cancelling just because of the increase

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I agree, don't think anyone would be stupid enough to cancel.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Well after 40 years, it's not really a choice. If they had put the price up by £50 or £100 I still go but it seems I would be allowed to comment on it.

I think we all get your position now. I just don't think it's spin and I have no idea why you are getting annoyed with supporters who disagree with you?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's not 'spin'.

That is exactly the amount the direct debit will increase. My dd isn't going up by ~25%.

Cost per game, work it out!!!!

I think we all get your position now. I just don't think it's spin and I have no idea why you are getting annoyed with supporters who disagree with you?

What exactly is spin then? I don't have a problem when people comment that they are ok with the increase, to be honest, I don't and it would take a considerably larger increase for me to even consider not renewing. I just find it hilarious that an actual increase of 24% is dressed up as only 2-5%.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009

What exactly is spin then? I don't have a problem when people comment that they are ok with the increase, to be honest, I don't and it would take a considerably larger increase for me to even consider not renewing. I just find it hilarious that an actual increase of 24% is dressed up as only 2-5%.

Yeah totally. Bloom out the penny pincher!!!

:tantrum:

Yep. And Kevin Keegan's first weekly wage when he joined Liverpool in 1971 was £50. Inflation adjusted, that makes £710 pw now. So, the inflation-adjusted price of an adult ticket as a percentage of the actual price is c12.5%, whereas the same calculation for a top footballer is 0.2%.

If adult ticket prices had kept pace with the rise in top players' wages the price of a ticket would be about £2000 a game for top flight football.

So with the amex entrance at 10x the inflation rate the same mark up on Keegans first wage would be £7100 per week! Surely thats enough? Thats over 350k per year to kick a football:eek:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
...Said the maths genius who believes TBs £20million a season is 'penny pinching' and he doesn't deserve to recoup any.

:laugh:

I take it you still can't work it out for yourself then.

Seems you are equally bad at English comprehension as well as maths as you also haven't read all my previous posts, one of which said I have no problem with TB starting to recoup some of his money.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
I take it you still can't work it out for yourself then.

Seems you are equally bad at English comprehension as well as maths as you also haven't read all my previous posts, one of which said I have no problem with TB starting to recoup some of his money.

But he's a penny pincher and he's not allowed to recoup it by modestly increasing season tickets over the season. Your insults just show you have no arguement.

Bloom out the penny pincher!!

:lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But he's a penny pincher and he's not allowed to recoup it by modestly increasing season tickets over the season. Your insults just show you have no arguement.

Bloom out the penny pincher!!

:lolol:

Either you haven't worked it out or you have and now realize and are in denial. Either way, the argument is quite clear.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Either you haven't worked it out or you have and now realize and are in denial. Either way, the argument is quite clear.

Oh yeah silly me. So because IF we go up it's more per game because catering and merch revenue is down, Tony Bloom is a penny pincher and should continue to subsidise the club whilst paying higher wages and strengthening the squad. We are the victims of spin to scam us out of an extra few quid a season. We should therefore whine on about it because we've got nothing else to moan about today! Got it!

Bloom the Penny pincher out!

Priceless, comedy gold!!

:D:):):):)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

But the price for the season hasn't increased 24%. It is not a cost per game price but per season, the clue is in the name. I seriously have no problem and find it 'hilarious' that you've wound yourself up so much about this

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Oh yeah silly me. So because IF we go up it's more per game because catering and merch revenue is down, Tony Bloom is a penny pincher and should continue to subsidise the club whilst paying higher wages and strengthening the squad. We are the victims of spin to scam us out of an extra few quid a season. We should therefore whine on about it because we've got nothing else to moan about today! Got it!

Bloom the Penny pincher out!

Priceless, comedy gold!!

:D:):):):)

They may well be reasons why the club have decided to raise more by increasing ticket prices but doesn't change the fact that the price rise is more than 2-5%!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here