Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
what on earth is "strange" about being injured. Is it "strange" that Bong and Baldock are injured. Was it "strange" when Bruno missed a game the other week. Conspiracy theory nonsense.

Is is not strange that it a "minor" calf injury stretches into a month out, where's the conspiracy theory in that? It's fecking annoying whatever the delay in getting him back

Baldock takes a couple of months off every season, used to that now. probably hamstring related so understandable

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is is not strange that it a "minor" calf injury stretches into a month out, where's the conspiracy theory in that?

Numerous people in this thread have explained how niggly a minor calf injury can be...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Is is not strange that it a "minor" calf injury stretches into a month out, where's the conspiracy theory in that? It's fecking annoying whatever the delay in getting him back

Baldock takes a couple of months off every season, used to that now. probably hamstring related so understandable

its not strange at all for a calf injury. thats what happens.
As for Baldock then its petty mean stuff to describe his injuries as "takes a couple of months off"...

kjgood

So Stephens who either needs to be in the shop window for a big deal next year or playing for a premier league deal with us next season is deliberately faking an injury and Baldock who is playing with a smile on his face and the best he has since he joined us and also is up for a deal or a chance of playing in the premier league with us is having 'time off' because he always does. Get real, both need and want to play.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Their skewed imaginations.
I'm not offering my opinion as fact. I just don't trust Stephens anymore after he publically slated my beloved club!!

And come on posing by an oxygen tank is the kind of thing I would post on social media to take the piss..... It's not that far fetched, although would be petty in the extreme.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So Stephens who either needs to be in the shop window for a big deal next year or playing for a premier league deal with us next season is deliberately faking an injury and Baldock who is playing with a smile on his face and the best he has since he joined us and also is up for a deal or a chance of playing in the premier league with us is having 'time off' because he always does. Get real, both need and want to play.
By the way, Baldock is contracted to us next year anyway.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm not offering my opinion as fact. I just don't trust Stephens anymore after he publically slated my beloved club!!

And come on posing by an oxygen tank is the kind of thing I would post on social media to take the piss..... It's not that far fetched, although would be petty in the extreme.

Really? I don't know anyone who would post by an oxygen tank for a piss take, especially at an MS Therapy Centre. It would be pathetic.

As others have said, Stephens wants a Premier League club at the end of the season. He's not going to help himself by faking injuries with us. Given the togetherness of this squad, he wouldn't be able to get away with it.

Also, Stephens didn't publicly slate the club. He asked to leave for Premier League football. It is understandable. Since then, he has been a key part of the team (in fact we've only won one game when he's not started) and has said he's committed to us for the rest of the season.

kjgood

By the way, Baldock is contracted to us next year anyway.

Your right he is contracted to us for next year, but if we go up how many of the contracted players will survive the promotion squad improvement. I would suggest that when Chris sits down to look at who he needs for next season that habitual sick notes would be out of the door first. Every squad member is playing for his place next year or to catch the eye of another manager in case their services are no longer required. I cant see any player at the moment deliberately reporting in as injured when they are not as some people are saying.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Your right he is contracted to us for next year, but if we go up how many of the contracted players will survive the promotion squad improvement. I would suggest that when Chris sits down to look at who he needs for next season that habitual sick notes would be out of the door first. Every squad member is playing for his place next year or to catch the eye of another manager in case their services are no longer required. I cant see any player at the moment deliberately reporting in as injured when they are not as some people are saying.

Exactly. The only way Stephens will get a contract with a Premier League club next season is by proving his quality AND fitness over the rest of this season.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Er..... so because he's thanking them for using their oxygen chamber and smiling while do so he's taking the piss?

And you think that he's taking the piss because you would do something like that? Even to a Multiple Sclerosis charity?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Couldn't give a shit if he doesn't want to be here get him back in the team, our results without him say it all: if he's not wanted to be here since his summer shenanigans (which is entirely untrue) then I'm more than happy to have him in the team in spite of this, given he's still performed.

With Kayal struggling a little bit fitness wise, we desperately need Stephens back ASAP

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
its not strange at all for a calf injury. thats what happens.
As for Baldock then its petty mean stuff to describe his injuries as "takes a couple of months off"...

Mean maybe but he is very injury prone and he has been out for substanial chunks of the last two seasons.

I think he is an excellent player btw

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Er..... so because he's thanking them for using their oxygen chamber and smiling while do so he's taking the piss?

And you think that he's taking the piss because you would do something like that? Even to a Multiple Sclerosis charity?
I think your're taking this all a bit seriously now. I'm not painting Stephens out to be a monster. I suspect I'm wrong but it's an opinion. Let's hope he is back soon........

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think your're taking this all a bit seriously now. I'm not painting Stephens out to be a monster. I suspect I'm wrong but it's an opinion. Let's hope he is back soon........

Ye but i think posters are asking when he publicablly slated the club..sounds a serious comment to make

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here