Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crafty, unsporting Brentford

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
One of the changes being considered by FIFA is for the referee to no longer be the timekeeper, and the final ten minutes of the game to be 'full' in the sense that every time the ball goes out of play the timer is stopped.

It will reduce some time wasting, but suspect players will just make more effort to take the ball to the corner flag and keep it there.

And the CLAXON indicates it's full time!

:(

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Brentford's behaviour at the end was an absolute disgrace. I've always thought drop ball is not fair when a player is about to cross and it ends up back with the goalkeeper. It is a rule that could always be taken advantage of but rarely can it have been done so cynically as their defender who jumped up as soon as play stopped.

I read a report from a Brentford fan, which must be one of the most biased reports I've ever known. Basically, Sidwell scythed down their player for the free kick before the second goal (clearly wasn't a foul), Murray spent the game going down easily (arguably true but no mention of their actions going down easily at the end), the free kick that started the move for our second goal should never have been given (it was a definite free kick from memory), their player who got involved in an altercation with Sidwell did nothing wrong (well actually he did and was rightly booked) and the referee overall was very poor and completely biased towards us (complete rubbish).

I was sat among the Brentford fans very close to the dugouts. Most Bees fans around me seemed knowledgeable about the Albion players and complimented us when we were on our game. However there was a core of home fans really giving Murray dogs abuse about him diving, to the extent that the stewards had a 'word' with some.

When Murray went off they turned their attention to Knocky and boy did he get some stick. Being an old style ground the fans are only a couple of yards from the players. For a few minutes it seemed that Knocky was affected by the abuse. I noted that Hughton then had a quiet word with Knocky and this seemed to focus his energies into having the last word. Good lad.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
He shouldve booked the guy with the head injury for not going straight off the pitch behind the goal.

By going off meant Brentford were able to make a substitution and have a full quota of 11 players for the resulting corner. If the player hadn't gone off they would have had to defend the corner with ten players

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here