Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crafty, unsporting Brentford

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
That second bloke, the 'weirdo', was sent on specifically to tell the injured player to stay down.
The sub was nowhere near ready, not even had any kit on.
They kept looking over to the bench at the sub messing about, and the injured guy only got up, eventually, when the sub was finally ready to come on.
Dean White was really moaning about how on earth could there have been 7 minutes extra time... it should have been 10 or more

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
No issue with blocking the vision to set up a wall, I do have an issue with pretending to have a head injury to prevent an attack. All players who feel the need to have play stopped to have treatment should have to have a neutral doctor test them before allowing them back on the pitch.

D

Deleted member 22389

If anyone remembers Vicente free kick, Adam El Abd rolled the defenders out of the way and the ball went in the back of the net

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If it's all about safety first, then IMHO if you go down clutching your head, you should then leave the field of play for at least 5 mins to make sure that you've recovered.

They do it in Rugby.Head injury assessment is compulsory.
They do get a temporary sub though.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Can somebody tell me when the rule was chnaged to allow a keeper to pick the vball up from a drop ball. It always was that it had to be played before he could pick it up, when did this change as most refs now just drop the ball in front of the keeper and they pick it up and drop kick it. To my mind that should be handball and as in the area a penalty.
It's always been allowed. And the idea of giving a penalty for handball against a goalkeeper in his own area is certainly...interesting!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Dean White quote,
"I was very suprised there were seven minutes of added time. I don't know where that came from"

Answers on a postcard,please:glare:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Dean White was really moaning about how on earth could there have been 7 minutes extra time... it should have been 10 or more

Yes he said: "Unfortunately the referee has found seven minutes from somewhere and they have scored in the seventh.” I honestly don't know how he has the nerve to say that - how it was only 7 mins I will never know even without my Albion hat on.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
And also when the rule changed so that we weren't allowed to contest it!
It hasn't been, it is specifically in the laws that any player is allowed to contest it.
"Any number of players may contest a dropped ball (including the goalkeepers); the referee cannot decide who may contest a dropped ball or its outcome."

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes he said: "Unfortunately the referee has found seven minutes from somewhere and they have scored in the seventh.” I honestly don't know how he has the nerve to say that - how it was only 7 mins I will never know even without my Albion hat on.

He didn't really have to go looking very far to find seven, if he looked abit further we'd have had ten.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dean White quote,
"I was very suprised there were seven minutes of added time. I don't know where that came from"

Answers on a postcard,please:glare:

Dean Smith?

Dean White used to be our Asst.

The ball came off Murray from the free-kick I think.

The time wasting was a joke and we should have played at least 12 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theboybilly

The 'injury' stoppage started when there was 82 minutes on the electric sign (I can't call it a scoreboard) and apart from a very brief passage of play (when the Brentford bloke went down again) lasted until the 89th minute. So there's the 7 minutes, But what about the normal add-ons for other injuries and substitutions? With the way things were panning out I reckon Hughton has the greater grievance

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Should note that I didn't see anybody else touch that free kick which went over, didn't look like a corner to me.

Flicked off Murray's head.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's always been allowed. And the idea of giving a penalty for handball against a goalkeeper in his own area is certainly...interesting!

Not true, in yesteryear the goalkeeper never contested it as he couldnt use his hands so invariably a player kicked it back to him for him to pick it up. I am sure some oldies will remember this,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here