Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Crafty, unsporting Brentford

0 Not allowed!
    At around 15 mins into the first half, Brentford had a free kick on the edge of the penalty area. Stockers was trying to line up the wall but 3 of the biggest BFC players kept deliberately standing in his way... so that he couldn't see and adjust his line. Morally it's shitty but is there a rule of bad sportsmanship which could come into force from the ref?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Not sure what they were up to. But pretty sure they scored from the ensuing corner

6 Not allowed!
      I have seen our players do it at home. I'm sure it happens at other clubs as well.. No probs from me.

6 Not allowed!
      Like we did with the ball boys against Sheffield Wednesday, can't moan about unsporting behaviour when we celebrate when we do similar to teams

5 Not allowed!
      The ref was just as bad, if not worse. Particularly that drop ball that he wouldn't let us contest

(presumably someone will now tell me that he followed the laws of the game.

And what about Brentford's sudden bout of head injuries in the box each time we looked like scoring?
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something
      Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Dropping like ninepins in the penalty area whilst we're waiting to take kicks in extra time is also unsporting. Granted, the first one went straight down the tunnel after being substituted, but I reckon the second 'head injury' was entirely fake. Just time wasting. If the second one had a head injury, he should have gone off the pitch before being allowed back on.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post

And what about Brentford's sudden bout of head injuries in the box each time we looked like scoring?
      Snap.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      The ref was just as bad, if not worse. Particularly that drop ball that he wouldn't let us contest

(presumably someone will now tell me that he followed the laws of the game.

I actually thought Mr. Simpson was quite good. At least he wasn't afraid to add on seven extra minutes at the end, due to Brentford's constant time wasting, and when it comes to supposed head injuries, the ref is honour bound to stop the game really, just in case one actually does prove to be serious.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Dropping like ninepins in the penalty area whilst we're waiting to take kicks in extra time is also unsporting. Granted, the first one went straight down the tunnel after being substituted, but I reckon the second 'head injury' was entirely fake. Just time wasting. If the second one had a head injury, he should have gone off the pitch before being allowed back on.
      This. First time I've seen it done so blatantly but sadly it won't be the last.

Potentially a nice weapon in the armoury of the modern day footballing cheat - stops play and ensures more time is wasted returning ball to far end and getting 11 behind it again.

(I suppose it isn't THAT easy to engineer just at the right moment in a believable way, but could easily get to the stage where the team ahead fairly routinely pulls off this trick in the last 20 minutes or so...)
      Boxing Day 1979 (h) W 3-0 B.Horton (pen), P.Ward, G.Ryan Att. 28,358

St. Patrick's Day 2013 (h) W 3-0 L.Ulloa (2), Sp.Dave Att. 28,499

0 Not allowed!
      Knocky just about to put in another cross as one fell to the ground with a 'head injury'.

We'll have to remember that one if hanging onto a lead, though i'd expect whichever ref not to be as lenient with us.