Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
---------------------- Stockdale ---------------------
Bruno ------- Dunk ------ Duffy ------ Pocognolli
Knockeart ---- Kayal -- Stephens ------ March
--------------- Baldock -------- Murray -------------

Hemed's on fire and I'm a huge fan but Murray's record at home is too good to ignore. He always gets infront of the defender and finds space in the box and for me has to start against Burton.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If fit, Stephens should definitely play.

I'm not convinced Kayal is 100% ready yet, going by last Thursday's performance at Hudders.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We shouldn't (and I'm sure won't) underestimate Burton. They made some fairly handy loan signings, in Christensen and Woodrow from Fulham, and Kightly from Burnley.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No flounce or hissy fit here, just my honest opinion, we've now got a choice of strikers, when all fit, so let's utilise them for their strengths :thumbsup:

I think he was picking up on this:
Hemed has earned a first team, if that's what CH decides.
Murray has gone off the boil a bit, which is natural, he'll come back, so won't hurt him to come on a sub, giving SB or CA the other birth up front.
About the team, not the individual

It's berth :)

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Assuming Baldock and Stephens are both fit.

--------------- Baldock -------- Hemed -------------

Hemed deserves a start ahead of Murray IMO and fancy CH to restore the Kayal and Stephens partnership.

Potentially a very strong bench also with good striking options for the first time in ages!!

Yup. Looks perfect.

If Baldock isn't fit, I'd start Akpom. If Stephens isn't fit, I'd start Sidwell.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Murray IS knackered and needs a rest then this is a good an opportunity to rest him as we're going to get.

I believe that with Knockaert and March in good form we should have too much for Burton, with or without Murray.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Knockaert
Stephens
Norwood
Murphy

Akpom
Murray

This is my guess at the team, I reckon Stephens will be back but not Baldock, that he'll stick with Murphy who by all accounts played well against Brentford, and give Akpom a start alongside Murray who is never going to be dropped whatever people may say

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
:thumbsup:
Murray has gone off the boil a bit, which is natural, he'll come back, so won't hurt him to come on a sub, giving SB or CA the other birth up front.

Thanks Mr English teacher :dunce::)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Pocognoli
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-Skalak
Hemed-Baldock​

Subs: March for Skalak 66 minutes
Murray for Hemed 70 minutes
Akpom for Baldock 85 minutes

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I'm glad one person got my comment.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Stockdale
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Pocognoli
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-Skalak
Hemed-Baldock​

Subs: March for Skalak 66 minutes
Murray for Hemed 70 minutes
Akpom for Baldock 85 minutes

March has to start surely. Chris was even questioned about it after the game, such was his impact. I don't think Muzza will be dropped either and will probably play with Akpom for this first start.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing

Good choice but I just cant see Stephens or Baldock starting, even if fully fit, after several weeks out. CH always seems to put returning players on the bench and ease them back over a few games. Trying to think of once when someone has started after an injury lay off?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good choice but I just cant see Stephens or Baldock starting, even if fully fit, after several weeks out. CH always seems to put returning players on the bench and ease them back over a few games. Trying to think of once when someone has started after an injury lay off?

He does when they're on the way back from a long period out, not when it's briefer. I suspect they'll both start.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
March has to start surely. Chris was even questioned about it after the game, such was his impact. I don't think Muzza will be dropped either and will probably play with Akpom for this first start.
I'm not sure, March has been pretty good off of the bench but has limited impact when he's started matches. Murray had heavy strapping at the top of his leg against Brentford and Hemed has been in reasonable scoring form recently. Hemed and Baldock combine well as a partnership.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Hemed deserves a start ahead of Murray IMO and fancy CH to restore the Kayal and Stephens partnership.

Potentially a very strong bench also with good striking options for the first time in ages!!

Fitness permitting, this has to be the best team available to CH. Fingers crossed we see it!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Fitness permitting, this has to be the best team available to CH. Fingers crossed we see it!

Fitness is a grey area. If Baldock is anything less than 100%, we should use the Akpom. I would like to see him and Hemed start if we are basing it on fitness personally. If we can give Baldock all the time he needs, a 100% Baldock will be like a new player.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I know I'll be in a minority, but I think Kayal plays well with Stephens and Norwood has been better (but still not great) when he's with Sidwell. If Stephens is injured (or not quite fit on Saturday) then I also don't think Kayal has been fully fit recently, I would start the Burton game with Norwood and Sidwell. Id then be hoping to use Kayal and Stephens for the potentially more challenging Ipswich game. I would go with March, Knockeart, Akpom and Hemed against Burton (assuming no Baldock). Again Murray could be an option to return against Ipswich depending on how the Burton game goes.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If everyone except Maenpaa, Rosenior and Goldson is fit, I would go with the following:

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli
Knockaert
Sidwell
Stephens
March
Hemed
Akpom

Subs: Walton, Bong, Huhnemeier, Kayal, Murphy, Baldock, Murray