Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Her Majesty sets a new record.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A remarkable woman, and I think now we need the Royal Family more than ever to promote Britain in a post-Brexit world.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I was a dyed in the wool republican and would always have said that an elected head of state was preferable but after the two big voting surprises last year, I'm now more favourably inclined to having a head of state that does it with the quiet dignity that the Queen does. Would anyone want a British Trump ?

Indeed in 2 weeks, Donald Trump as head of state of the USA has already embarassed that country more times than Liz has embarassed ours in 65 years. You can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times she has let our country down......her husband and children are a different matter..........but not her, Gawd bless your majesty. I think history will regard her as a great monarch.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We will finally grow up as a country when we stop bowing and scraping to inherited privilege. Hard to know whether all this forelock tugging is comical or depressing

I'd rather bow down to the Queen than the IRA-what's it got to do with you anyway?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed in 2 weeks, Donald Trump as head of state of the USA has already embarassed that country more times than Liz has embarassed ours in 65 years. You can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times she has let our country down......her husband and children are a different matter..........but not her, Gawd bless your majesty. I think history will regard her as a great monarch.

What about Phil though?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
What about Phil though?

Well as per my original mail Phil the Greek has let us down a few times, however, although indiscreet, he does I believe say it as it is. No doubt when the aforementioned Mr Trump arrives for his state visit he will do the same again, just in earshot of a rogue microphone....remarking to her majesty......"who is that dumbass, orange faced Yank"

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
We will finally grow up as a country when we stop bowing and scraping to inherited privilege. Hard to know whether all this forelock tugging is comical or depressing

Considering you identify as Irish, what are you on about as "we" ? It's got absolutely fvck all to do with you.

It's a weird one-like i said earlier,when growing up i thought they were a waste of space,Princess Dianna and to be fair the Queen her very self have done more than most to bring the family closer to the public and it's affection and understanding than perhaps any other royals in recent times-
Eh? Is that the same Diana Spencer who went on the telly to slag off her in-laws?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here