Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i wonder what Tomer is thinking

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Baldock fit - Murray to play, no Baldock then Hemed. Murray is not the same without baldock on the pitch. Dont know how to get the stats but would be interested in his goals with and without Baldock

Ok, sorry, clumsy of me. Let me be clearer. We are playing a lot of games this month. Saturday, Tuesday etc. CH could alternate starting them. This would reward Tomer, who looks very sharp, remind Murray that his place isn't automatically guaranteed, as well as giving both a little rest during a peroid when both will have to play a lot as Baldock is injured.

I just think "the little rest" theory has not worked out so well this season after the "rests" of the FA Cup 3/4 rounds - and not forgetting zero wins after 3 international breaks

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I just think "the little rest" theory has not worked out so well this season after the "rests" of the FA Cup 3/4 rounds - and not forgetting zero wins after 3 international breaks
I know what you mean but I'm not advocating a complete rest. Right now, we only have three fit forwards, and one of those a young player on loan, with a huge, busy month ahead. If CH rotated, both would still probably have to play some part in every or most of those matches ( one would start, one on the bench, depending on form etc) so it wouldn't really the same as completely resting. I'm a huge Murray fan but he's been a bit off recently whereas Hemed looks hungry and sharp. He deserves a start. And of course we are really missing Baldock.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This question reminds me of 2003-04 season when some of the cognoscenti on here were suggesting Chris McPhee start in place of an 'out of form' Leon Knight.

I suddenly feel much less depressed about our recent form.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I don’t play Fantasy Football so tend to speak how I see it. Chris will see the players through the week and make a judgement on what he sees. Sorry to be boring but I also don’t gamble and I would hazard a guess that our Chris doesn’t either.
It’s not just about resting Murray to give Hemed a place, it’s about management. Who can take dropping and who can’t. There will be a dynamic about the team that needs managing. That’s his job and so far he’s done alright, second place, 5 points clear of the playoffs with a game in hand.
I think he’s doing alright you know!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
"Thank **** I scored that after missing the other two"?

I think the one that ended up with a few players in the back of the net would have been disallowed...not because of a foul but because referees seemed to always see a foul in those situations. Remind me of the other one?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am a massive fan of Tomer. I wouldn't say though that he justifies an automatic start. Horses for courses and so trust CH to make the right call on whether he plays or not but I definitely like him. He doesn't get down when he misses. He keeps plugging away

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I thought Tomar was going to be this years Ashley Barnes? Sorry for not keeping up, so who is it?Norwood? We have to have a whipping boy and now that Baldock has started scoring goals plus missed a few games so is obviously a better player for that, I am wondering who you are going to pick on?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I assume he is thinking about life, finance, his wife who doesn't stop nagging at him, his fit neighbour, ways of not getting caught, wether his neighbour has a boyfriend, restaurants to take his neighbour etc.

Same as anyone I suppose?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I thought Tomar was going to be this years Ashley Barnes? Sorry for not keeping up, so who is it?Norwood? We have to have a whipping boy and now that Baldock has started scoring goals plus missed a few games so is obviously a better player for that, I am wondering who you are going to pick on?

We need to get JFC back. The scapegoat is the only position we haven't properly sorted out. It's just not right to be unable to blame someone for when the club doesn't perform. We've had a rich selection of scapegoats over the years from El-Abd right through to Ashley Barnes. What the hell was CH thinking in getting rid of our only Scapegoat in JFC? How are we supposed to understand a loss or a bad performance now?

Biggest mistake of the season.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We need to get JFC back. The scapegoat is the only position we haven't properly sorted out. It's just not right to be unable to blame someone for when the club doesn't perform. We've had a rich selection of scapegoats over the years from El-Abd right through to Ashley Barnes. What the hell was CH thinking in getting rid of our only Scapegoat in JFC? How are we supposed to understand a loss or a bad performance now?

Biggest mistake of the season.

I dont know Norwood seems a fairly popular choice

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I dont know Norwood seems a fairly popular choice

Potential scapegoat material, but not the finished article.

The one I'd go for is Glen Murray. He actually used to play the scapegoat role pretty well for Brighton. The only Albion player to get the 'wanker' song directed at them, by Brighton fans and all because he didn't clap.

If anyone can do the scapegoat, Glenn Murray obviously can.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Potential scapegoat material, but not the finished article.

The one I'd go for is Glen Murray. He actually used to play the scapegoat role pretty well for Brighton. The only Albion player to get the 'wanker' song directed at them, by Brighton fans and all because he didn't clap.

If anyone can do the scapegoat, Glenn Murray obviously can.

Especially now he is conceding penalties,stopped scoring and has his contract,what else does he have to play for.....:lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here