Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What makes u worry irrationally?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The honesty of MPs,bankers,financiers,and experts.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The knowledge that Michael Buble is still able to release music.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Pain in my back in the night with half to a full bladder full of wee. Went to doctors and scan showed it to be OK but it's still there.

Being burgled when I'm out despite locking every door and putting burglar alarm on.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
That if I am not looking at the screens at an airport at the precise moment the gate number comes up I will be subjected to the minor inconvenience of having my case not precisely overhead in the fllight or the nightmare scenario of having to leave it bythe steps so that someone can forget to put it in the hold.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
What makes me worry irrationally?

Any tune with the word Ibiza in the title.

Because they ALWAYS go wrong in the pronunciation. Almost like they'd never even been there. :rolleyes:
Yes, yes, but I bet even you don't pronouce the Spanish airline as EEberia?

All part of the Paris / Paree thing - there's no consistency in pronouncing foreign place-names, the world over. The Germans call Milano Maitland, most Brits say Naples and not Napoli. GENova becomes GeNOa, and Firenze long ago became Florence. Why?

My favourite from the World of Sport? BBC commentators always say OlympiAHHkos, instead of the OlympiaKOS.uttered by Greeks everywhere. (Have they binned the BBC Pronunciation Unit?)

Much closer to home, visiting Londoners are outed through pronouncing our very own Montpelier Road as Mon-pell-ee=ay. Ye Gods! We're not in France. Don't they know it's MontPEELier? Should be part of the Brighton residency entrance exam. IMHO, like.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Some of the opinions expressed on NSC give me huge cause to worry.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I sat on a bus seat an old lady had just got up from when I was quite young. She had just wet herself on the seat.

To this day, whenever I get on a bus I have this paranoia that my seat is damp and smells of urine.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Money. Always have and always will.

The reason it's irrational is because I know there are people out there who have horrendous money struggles, debt they cant pay and homelessness and I'm there panicking when, in reality, I've got food on the table and a bed to sleep in.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Should be part of the Brighton residency entrance exam. IMHO, like.

on that note, irritated by anyone from Brighton that calls it the North Lanes or North Laines... aaarrgghhh just typing it, had to force myself.

but some others here, like drowning, money... that's pretty rational things to worry about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here