Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wagner vs Monk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would like to think, CH would have punched him on the nose, then calmly gave his instructions to his players on the pitch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Monk deliberately walked in front of Wagner, very snide move

Then had the cheek to make po-faced hoity-toity comments about class, on the post match tellybox interview. Man alive, how can someone talk about class with an accent like that?

:facepalm:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I used to be a manager, passionate one at that, got a bunch of scrotes promoted from Worthing League 3 to West Sussex League 3 in a few seasons. I picked them up being beaten 16 times a season in Worthing League 3 and I was very passionate, being an ex player and all that, but only through gobbing off. I'd have never of dreamt of stage diving the players when they scored!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Monk said after barging him 'have some ****ing respect' by the look of it. He more or less said the same in his post match interview.

Yes he did say that. I was lipreading aloud and got a scowl from Mrs T (5-year old having her tea in close prox). Whoops!

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I dislike Wagner intensely for some reason and was getting pissed off with the apparent Wagner love-in on Sky the other night between all the commentators, saying how amazing he was for getting Huddersfield to where they were, completely overlooking the more impressive job Hughton has done in getting us into an even better position, tossers.

He has done a fantastic job, that's for sure. But there's something really infuriating about the 'pressing game' that seems really sunday league and uncontrolled. I think it gets way too much appreciation considering that if the opposition doesn't attack you, you probably won't beat them (a la Liverpool), and if the other team played an intensive pressing game then you've basically got a game on the Hackney Marshes. It's so reliant on the other team playing the victim (which sadly we did). Maybe I'm under valuing the system anyway but I'm much more of a balanced person. Strong defenders, silky wingers...everything in moderation.

Anyway, hopefully he'll get a ban and Huddersfield will suddenly forget how to play like teams seem to do as soon as a manager isn't present and we can crawl in to the premier league.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Monk can do one. He's got no business expecting his standards of another manager.

A deflection tactic to avoid too much scrutiny of an important defeat?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He has done a fantastic job, that's for sure. But there's something really infuriating about the 'pressing game' that seems really sunday league and uncontrolled. I think it gets way too much appreciation considering that if the opposition doesn't attack you, you probably won't beat them (a la Liverpool), and if the other team played an intensive pressing game then you've basically got a game on the Hackney Marshes. It's so reliant on the other team playing the victim (which sadly we did). Maybe I'm under valuing the system anyway but I'm much more of a balanced person. Strong defenders, silky wingers...everything in moderation.

Anyway, hopefully he'll get a ban and Huddersfield will suddenly forget how to play like teams seem to do as soon as a manager isn't present and we can crawl in to the premier league.

He has a silky winger in Van La Parra. I wish we'd have kept him and never thought of buying Skalak.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I dislike Wagner intensely for some reason and was getting pissed off with the apparent Wagner love-in on Sky the other night between all the commentators, saying how amazing he was for getting Huddersfield to where they were, completely overlooking the more impressive job Hughton has done in getting us into an even better position, tossers.

Sky's narrative is very seldom about us when we're on tv. It never is on the commentary here in Norway either. It's odd. It just seems like they can't be arsed to do any research about us but just fill up airtime talking about how the opposition have either a) come from nowhere and will give Brighton a good game or b) footballing giants who should be peeing on us despite being mid-table and Brighton having the gall to either think about promotion.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:lol: both managers very obviously knew what they where doing

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Isn't everyone forgetting the important outcome of this handbags episode?...

Bridcutt, Jansson, Wells and Kachunga all picked up yellows as a result of it :thumbsup:

Bridcutt and Wells move to one yellow away from a suspension I think.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Don't see what all the fuss is about, clearly obstruction by Monk.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Just hilarious isn't it? All this nonsense about respect, bans, what kind of example are they setting. It's just funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here