Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A point gained or two points lost?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Definitely point gained.
I was checking scores on my phone, so wasn't feeling hopeful at halftime.
Out in the car returning from family visit, flicked Radio Sussex on at start of second half only to hear us concede a penalty. Turned radio off in frustration and decided wasn't going to check score until it was all over ...
So spent the next 40 mins consuming reports, tweets and catching the highlights on Sky.
Another season defining moment, I reckon - some of the points we've grabbed from 'dead and buried' situations this season ... :lolol: :albion2: :banana:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Away to side just beaten Villa 3-0 so on a high
Dunk out Stephens out baldock out bong out kayal not back to fitness
1-0 down
2-0 down
Pen could go 3-0 down
Pen missed
2-1 back in it
2-2 we could win this now
3-2 down,crap ended up with nothing 94th min
3-3 GOOAAALLL!!!!! 97th min equaliser
MASSIVE away point won
And massive morale booster going into next game
Left the ground today buzzing and extremely happy with a point along with 1,600 other Brighton fans who stuck with the team and sung for 97 mins

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Definitely point gained.
I was checking scores on my phone, so wasn't feeling hopeful at halftime.
Out in the car returning from family visit, flicked Radio Sussex on at start of second half only to hear us concede a penalty. Turned radio off in frustration and decided wasn't going to check score until it was all over ...
So spent the next 40 mins consuming reports, tweets and catching the highlights on Sky.
Another season defining moment, I reckon - some of the points we've grabbed from 'dead and buried' situations this season ... :lolol: :albion2: :banana:

Exactly, even at two down I was not worried.

This team even depleted pull out all the stops.

Don't worry we're going up.

Haven't a Scooby what to make of that today. Utterly appalling for most of it. More passengers than a cruise liner - a few of them just weren't up for it.

Not bedwetting too much - fulsome admiration for everything this squad has done - but they look like they've run out of gas.

Got to be a point gained because we didn't deserve jack. Hughton telling Knocky to chill out at a corner probably the highlight.

Bloody football. Always think I'm not invested until these kind of days.

Agree with all this - we have to get the Kayal-Stephens partnership back firing again otherwise most of us will be heading off to Goldson's heart doc

Wonderful fightback for morale, and draws a line under the Huddersfield debacle as well.

Need to seriously push on now starting against Burton.

We all hope so --- but - Terriers form team of the division. Brentford mid table battlers - in many ways performance today way more concerning than last Thursday

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Who cares?

Insane level of entertainment and I was only listening on the radio, Incredibly jealous of those who were there.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
very much and importantly gained

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Clearly gained but that said at 2-2 I did think we were going to get a winner. Thought we had it when their defender sliced it towards the top corner only for the keeper to tip it over.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Point bloody well gained. Just a shame Newcastle have already played them at their gaff.

Will be interesting if any of the others contenders have to go there and get something.
Huddersfield and Leeds still have to play at Brentford.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Point gained and hopefully end of the slump. Stuff Burton and get back on track

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was a point that I didn't expect us to get based on recent performances but at the end we were robbed of the 3 points due to their kidology and play acting that the ref fell for. Any time we attacked late on somebody went down holding their head so he had to stop the game and not one of them was genuine.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was a point that I didn't expect us to get based on recent performances but at the end we were robbed of the 3 points due to their kidology and play acting that the ref fell for. Any time we attacked late on somebody went down holding their head so he had to stop the game and not one of them was genuine.

Think the first one was.....not the second though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here