Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A point gained or two points lost?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Point gained definitely, we only turned it on in the last 15 mins, like a lot of games

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
a point gained, no question.

2-0 down at ht, penalty save changed the game.

a point gained over leeds on the day, and nothing lost compared to reading

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A point gained, for the small reason, that we scored last in the game with a last gasp equaliser. This will give Hughton and the squad something extra to build on in terms of team spirit.

And we stopped the away losing run.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Based on relative League positions and at kickoff, two points lost. After 30 minutes, one point stolen.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Haven't a Scooby what to make of that today. Utterly appalling for most of it. More passengers than a cruise liner - a few of them just weren't up for it.

Not bedwetting too much - fulsome admiration for everything this squad has done - but they look like they've run out of gas.

Got to be a point gained because we didn't deserve jack. Hughton telling Knocky to chill out at a corner probably the highlight.

Bloody football. Always think I'm not invested until these kind of days.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
On the train back home and definitely feels like a point won after that first half. Onwards and upwards with the Super Seagulls.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We never had 3 points

Exactly. We were never in the lead at any time in the game, but definitely gained a point, when 2-0 and facing a penalty.

The guts, grit and determination the side showed to draw level at the death, so our goal difference wasn't damaged, and keeping clear water between us and third place, is invaluable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Clearly it is a point gained AND two points lost, or has mathematics moved on since I did my GCSEs?

I was out with the family this afternoon, listening to updates on R5, and went through the gamut of emotions from A to B (to misquote someone or other) in a short space of time. No idea if this result is actually good or bad, but I feel preety cheerful right now.

el punal

Definitely a point gained but more importantly it should give the team renewed confidence and belief. Glass certainly half-full tonight !:rave:

We've just had a horrible week which could have been so much worse but for Tomer's last gasp goal. From that we gained a point and that has given us such an uplift in confidence as you have rightly said. We now have a week to prepare for two consecutive home games in which we really need to get back on track. I reckon there's an extra bounce in the players steps that would not be there had we lost.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
2 points lost they were there for the taking.... 2 clear chances in first half spurned by Murphy...

why was Hemed not playing from the start?

That said with Dunk missing our defence will always be not so good.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wonderful fightback for morale, and draws a line under the Huddersfield debacle as well.

Need to seriously push on now starting against Burton.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
After the first half performance and from going a goal down in extra time, I think the only way you see it is as a point gained. Reading drew so the point gap remains the same. If we don't get wins against both Burton and Ipswich at home then is the point to start worrying, important for us to be on top form and confident after those as Barnsley away and then both Reading and Newcastle at home are all going to be tough matches.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well obviously a point gained but had we played the first half like we started the second then you could easily argue two points dropped.

Will be extremely disappointed if March doesn't start against Burton!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Point gained but we should have gone after them. Frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
100000% gained.

A disjointed Albion side following a pasting on Thursday. We showed a LOT of character today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here