Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Even last season, put away performances weren't great. The only really convincing away performances I can think of under Hughton are Ipswich away last season along with Sheffield Wednesday and Bristol City this season.
You can add at least Birmingham to that list.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You mean the point where our pretty much ever present defence started getting injuries and suspensions and has barely been the same since?

Suppose you could look to Villa for the defence improvements they have had since he joined there.

In that case our squad is not good enough defensively then if we cannot cope with losing 1 or 2 players.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think we've missed Calderon more than Calderwood :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We went on a brilliant run after Calderwood left as well: 2 draws and 6 wins until the 0-2 Preston game where half our defence was missing as well as Stephens. I think it has far more to do with missing 2-3 key players every game.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
In that case our squad is not good enough defensively then if we cannot cope with losing 1 or 2 players.

We are missing 4 players who would arguably be starting this game today in the back 4 alone. Find me another squad in this division who can cope with that. Not to mention our entire starting CM which is particularly important in a 4-4-2.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We are missing 4 players who would arguably be starting this game today in the back 4 alone. Find me another squad in this division who can cope with that. Not to mention our entire starting CM which is particularly important in a 4-4-2.

And if we can't keep all our key players fit for the rest of the season?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Not sure I'd call a last minute winner convincing.
Nothing to do with that. Birmingham were the better team in the first half but second half we were always going to win or at least draw. They started playing deeper and deeper and it was all Brighton. The last bit of magic was bringing March on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here