Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Championship this weekend

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Except that it is our game in hand (as well as Brentford tomorrow), seeing that we weren't able to play it on the original date.
Already explained that it may be far more complex than that simplistic view.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Reading drop 2
Either huddersfield or leeds will drop points tomorrow. Perhaps even both teams if they draw.

A draw or win at griffin park and the world of BHA looks glourious again for a while.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Derby let s down in the last ten minutes missed two good chances.

Can't say Derby let us down! We can't rely on other teams to do us favour's!
The ball (as they say) is firmly in our court, and we now to perform, even with all the stuff that seems to be piling up at the "Crap Door" at the moment.
Win 10 games, and we SHOULD be up. Hopefully after tomorrow, we should only need 9! UTA :albion2:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Reading draw at Ipswich has taken a heck of a lot of pressure off us for tomorrow.

Now need a draw between Huddersfield and Leeds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Except that it is our game in hand (as well as Brentford tomorrow), seeing that we weren't able to play it on the original date.
That's not relevant. If we're comparing the games we have left, and we have extra games, there's no point in saying those games are worth less points because they're against good opposition when Reading have to have the same game. Compare like with like.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Derby let s down in the last ten minutes missed two good chances.
Maybe true, but I think the simple fact is, if we finish below one of the teams currently below us, then we don't finish in the top two. Newcastle dropping points would have been nice, but I wouldn't have been delighted with a Derby win. Their loss all but ends their hopes of top two.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Reading drop 2
Either huddersfield or leeds will drop points tomorrow. Perhaps even both teams if they draw.

A draw or win at griffin park and the world of BHA looks glourious again for a while.

Exactly. If Huddersfield and Leeds do draw tomorrow, a win would almost take us back to square one from before Thursday, despite all the dire predictions after the Huddersfield match, and a draw would be a decent result.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Don't they get parachute payments for 3 seasons though?

They do. They've spent THIS season's on signing players, so they will need next season's to cover the increased salary burden. I think the parachute payments drop off in the 2nd season though.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hand on heart, did any of us really believe Villa would be this shit under Bruce?

This... thought they would start a rapid rise once he took over but I think there was a bigger problem than most of us perceived e.g. McCormacks attitude , equally just buying a lot of 'good' players does not mean you are the best or even a good 'team '.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Jaap Stam's post match comments are interesting:

"I don't think we were ever in the race for the top two. We are just beginning to build something this season after finishing 17th last year.

"If we have a chance to achieve something we should go for it, but I was never under any illusion that we are in the race for the top two against Newcastle, who have spent 60 to 70 million pounds, and Brighton, who have worked towards this for three years."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jaap Stam's post match comments are interesting:

"I don't think we were ever in the race for the top two. We are just beginning to build something this season after finishing 17th last year.

"If we have a chance to achieve something we should go for it, but I was never under any illusion that we are in the race for the top two against Newcastle, who have spent 60 to 70 million pounds, and Brighton, who have worked towards this for three years."

Clever, he is taking any pressure off his players to be aiming for top two, doesn't mean he's not though, should we continue to falter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here