Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best decision you have ever made?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
To move out, cripples me financially but had some of the best years of my life living with mates

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
To move out, cripples me financially but had some of the best years of my life living with mates

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

You could always move back in - your mother would love that.

Working with you is enough for me :moo:

Just how much ££££££ did you get for the scrap today:drink:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Getting divorced..... wished I had done it much sooner

I don't know Veg. Without your misery we would have missed out on a lot of your best humour - especially the leopard skin basque crack.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't know Veg. Without your misery we would have missed out on a lot of your best humour - especially the leopard skin basque crack.

Yes, us comedians are tortured souls in reality.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Giving up collecting Bulgarian postage stamps in the middle 70's.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Deciding to stick rather than twist with a girl i'd known only for 6 months when she told me she was pregnant, when I was having the best time of my life with my oldest mates with lads holidays, nights out on the piss etc. I left it all behind, My 11 year old daughter starts big school in September and her younger brother and sister are not far behind :)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
A passing stranger talked me out of topping myself at the last minute about two weeks before the start of this season, and then - again more by chance than reason - I received a bit of money a few weeks later, which I was able to sort some of the people I know out with, so that was retrospectively good. Also i suppose I'm glad, if not that arsed, that I got to see a magnificent Albion season again as a result.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Nice piece.....

Many scientists say that the American physiologist Benjamin Libet demonstrated in the 1980s that we have no free will. It was already known that electrical activity builds up in a person’s brain before she, for example, moves her hand; Libet showed that this buildup occurs before the person consciously makes a decision to move. The conscious experience of deciding to act, which we usually associate with free will, appears to be an add-on, a post hoc reconstruction of events that occurs after the brain has already set the act in motion.

We are what we think we are....

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Saying yes to travelling for work in the early 2000s. Lived in Sydney, Tokyo and Taipei and spent long periods working in South India and Dublin. Saw (some of) the world and got paid for it and now back at a travelling consultancy again, though my current clients appear to be in Birmingham :rant:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
On Friday 4th February 1972, I decided to forgo one more pint in town ,and catch the last bus back home to Moulsecoomb. I sat next to a very pretty girl I had noticed on a few previous occasions, and we got talking. I managed to get a date with her the following evening, and 45 years later we are still together.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
On Friday 4th February 1972, I decided to forgo one more pint in town ,and catch the last bus back home to Moulsecoomb. I sat next to a very pretty girl I had noticed on a few previous occasions, and we got talking. I managed to get a date with her the following evening, and 45 years later we are still together.

Lovely stuff,i have 19 years with my missus so far....some way to go yet.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Nice piece.....

Many scientists say that the American physiologist Benjamin Libet demonstrated in the 1980s that we have no free will. It was already known that electrical activity builds up in a person’s brain before she, for example, moves her hand; Libet showed that this buildup occurs before the person consciously makes a decision to move. The conscious experience of deciding to act, which we usually associate with free will, appears to be an add-on, a post hoc reconstruction of events that occurs after the brain has already set the act in motion.

We are what we think we are....

I knew Dunk could not help the red cards...it's science and the ref should take it into account...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here