Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best decision you have ever made?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Eating my own children was probably the best financial move I ever made.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My best decision was really strange.

I often get contacted by companies looking for me to change jobs

It was during a job interview, where you really need to be restrained, controlled, professional and not let your guard down. The guy interviewing me read my CV and noticed my home town and up to this point I had been totally professional throughout.

Then he mentioned my home town when he saw my school and qualifications on it. He then said ''Ah that's where Davie Hay is from (The Celtic and Chelsea player from the 1970s) - By this time Davie Hay is retired and living back up I my hometown and occasionally drinks with my father in the Horse Shoe bar in Uddingston on a Friday night.

I am caught in a dilemma. Do I tell him this or do I continue being really professional and say ''yes I believe he does'' or do I say ''yes him and my Dad get plastered together on a Friday night.

I have made my decision. - I go for the latter. Next thing he reveals that he is a massive Chelsea fan and David Hay used to be one of their clients. We spend the rest of the interview talking about my Dad, David Hay, my home town. At the end of the conversation he asks what salary I was looking for. I promptly add £6K on top of what I was planning on asking for and he offers me the job there and then.

Little did I know that job would lead me into a world of Footballers and their Agents, Pop Stars, Multi Millionaires, Senior Barristers and Judges and a little working class lad from a council estate was now mixing in circles he never dreamed he would be.

I look back on that interview fondly. It was a really sunny day and it actually took place on my Birthday. I made the decision to let my guard down and let my little common background do the talking for me instead of exam qualifications and it worked out a treat and I have never looked back since.

Every time I think of Davie Hay, I think that man changed my life and I don't even know him. My Dad told him the story and Davie Hay pissed himself laughing and said he does remember the guy who interviewed me very well though.

Thank You Davie Hay

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That Love is the answer.

Love to hate,yep i hate everything me you and every one,i love it it must be true,hate is an out growth of love,love is all there is.. :jester:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I've made some good ones and some bad ones.

Dedicating a few years to being single was a good one, as was knowing when I wasn't so pretty anymore and the game was up.

Going into a career path that my personality isn't really equipped to handle is one that causes me daily stress.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Deciding to overhaul my life. Moving out of Brighton (there are far nicer places in Sussex)and meeting Mrs The Clamp.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1988, my father had terminal lymphoma and was slowly shrinking and deteriorating. It was December and I'd flown back to Ireland to see him for the weekend.

Just before departing I popped up to his bedroom to say goodbye. He told me that he couldn't bear what he was putting my mum through watching him die slowly day by day and asked me to end it for him. I picked up a pillow and started to smother him, I pushed down more and more and could see him struggle with what little strength he had.

I then stopped, couldn't finish what I'd started and walked out of the bedroom with tears in my eyes. I never saw him again as mum had said they just wanted Christmas together. He died on January 3rd.

Part of me has always felt guilty that I didn't carry out his final request, and that I did it out of cowardice of fear of being arrested for murder rather than to relieve him of the pain and suffering that consumed him.

29 years later I realise I did the right thing, albeit for the wrong reason. Life is precious, but he and my mum did have a last few days together that still give her some solace.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
1988, my father had terminal lymphoma and was slowly shrinking and deteriorating. It was December and I'd flown back to Ireland to see him for the weekend.

Just before departing I popped up to his bedroom to say goodbye. He told me that he couldn't bear what he was putting my mum through watching him die slowly day by day and asked me to end it for him. I picked up a pillow and started to smother him, I pushed down more and more and could see him struggle with what little strength he had.

I then stopped, couldn't finish what I'd started and walked out of the bedroom with tears in my eyes. I never saw him again as mum had said they just wanted Christmas together. He died on January 3rd.

Part of me has always felt guilty that I didn't carry out his final request, and that I did it out of cowardice of fear of being arrested for murder rather than to relieve him of the pain and suffering that consumed him.

29 years later I realise I did the right thing, albeit for the wrong reason. Life is precious, but he and my mum did have a last few days together that still give her some solace.

Wow,i don't really know what to say,other than i hold no judgement whatsoever.

Until somebody has worn the shoes so to speak it really cannot be a case of passing judgement.

I appreciate that may have been a difficult thing to share,a perspective defining and humbling post.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I'm with GWF on that one . I didn't know whether to give a thumbs up on that post or say something. Must have been the toughest and bravest decision ever. It was 100% the right one though, I will say that. YES for the reasons you state but for so many more reasons on top of that.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have not posted my best decision,mine was more of an unconscious act-

Basically i was sitting on the sofa when my eldest daughter who is now 18 was 3,she basically started turning blue in the face,i just picked her up and banged her back and out came a coin,i have my departed mother to thank for that as she had always taught me stuff like what to do and was on the cautious side.

The other best decision was to visit my mother before she died,she went within a few days of me seeing her at hospital,i was lucky because i had missed a weekly visit before which meant two weeks had passed since the last visit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here