Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So much confusion about this, and unnecessarily so.

When a player receives two yellow cards in a match, and hence gets sent-off, NEITHER of the bookings counts towards the accumulation of yellow cards (he serves a suspension for the sending-off and THAT is the punishment for the bookings).

Dunk is still on 10 yellows in terms of the accumulation of cards towards a potential three-game ban for reaching 15 bookings in the season.

Are you sure? If so, that is good news but I am sure it was not the case previously

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Are you sure? If so, that is good news but I am sure it was not the case previously

I'm certain - and so is the FA:-

DunkFA.jpg

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
From what I can see (a cached version of a FA page on suspensions) there is no cut-off - it runs to the very end of the season.

Stephens' 3 game suspension at the end of last year [Complete and Utter Shyster - gate] resulted in him missing both play-off legs V :lolol: and the opening fixture of this season too - but that was a straight red - accumulation of yellows may be different ....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think if Dunk manages to get a yellow early on in the game then he should be subbed at half time.
Might teach him a lesson and give another defender game time to be ready for when he gets his inevitable ban.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here