Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Huddersfield Post Mortem

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

At least it wasn't as bad as this!!

If Huddersfield had been ruthless it could have been this sort of score!

But, i thought when we were down to 10 and actually started pressing for the ball, they gave it away to us several times, and with a bit of luck we may have sneaked another goal, and the momentum would have changed again.

I think it's the aspect of more than a couple of team changes have seemed to upset the balance of the team
at the moment,
Time for pause, reassessment and undoubtedly a big change of personnel for Sunday, and we will still be top.

One last thing.
Once Akpom has been with the team more than two days, and knows how other's play, I think he could be that extra edge up-front we have been missing for the last few years, and a loan player will make the difference to finally push us over the line! :albion2:

That is contradictory.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
We've been up our own backsides since Christmas going on about how we're certainties to go up and hopefully tonight will bring a few people back down to earth before we blow it.

Are you turning into a bedwetter as well?

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
No excuses tonight, we were shit throughout.
We lacked discipline and made poor decisions, e.g. Bruno, Dunk, making rash challenges in positions of little danger.
We gave the ball away far too often / cheaply, making an obscene amount of unforced errors ... yes, I know it's not tennis.
I'm pretty sure it can't get any worse than tonight ... ?
Keep the faith, I predict we'll absolutely spank Brentford ! :)

cakeyseagull

Aug 20, 2016
The game at Brentford has now become a must not lose. If we lose there, then the next two home games become must win and at this stage of the season it's not the sort of pressure the players need. Kayal had arguably his worst performance in an Albion shirt tonight. Without Dale, 4-3-3 is needed, especially away from home. Thought Murray and Knocky were especially, along with Bruno who has been out of sorts for a long time.

Anyway, onward and upwards...

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Watching Brentford beating Villa the other night and they play a very high line at the back which Villa couldn't expose as they only had Kodja upfront
We need to play Akpom right up there on the line with GM playing the number ten role

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011
Bad day at the office.... Huddersfield were up for it, clicked early and played with the same team spirit we've displayed in previous games. This is probably a good wake up call not to be complacent. Brentford watch out!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Positives from last night ;

Hopefully when they return, fans won't get on stephens's Bong's and Baldock's cases for the rest of the season.

Err for now that's it

Points for Sunday;

If no Baldock then I would play akpom alongside Murray and ask him to be the out and out striker with Murray playing a bit deeper

One of the centre halves who capitulated at Lincoln will play and they owe themselves and their team mates a better performance.

As a side I would play

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Goldson (more of a threat at set pieces)
Bong if fit or pocognoli

Knocky
Stephens if fit/sidwell if not
Norwood
Murphy

Akpom
Murray

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Watching Brentford beating Villa the other night and they play a very high line at the back which Villa couldn't expose as they only had Kodja upfront
We need to play Akpom right up there on the line with GM playing the number ten role

This sounds like a good plan Akpom looked like he had a bit about him and some pace!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Typical Albion midwinter cold weather blip.. This is Brighton, keep faith in C H , it will come good.

CH didn't come out of the dressing room for some time last night me thinks it was kick up the arse time, we may see a different display on Sunday:albion2:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Last year we had Rotherham and Cardiff defeats in relatively quick succession. This season we've had Preston and now Cardiff. It's how we recover from here that's key. I hope that we won't miss caldwrwood in that regrouping process.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Nope Baldock, GM & SB already have an understanding and we need to utilise that getting off to a good start.
Akpom can come on later and use his pace.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Let's be fair Huddersfield were very good. Flew out the block and were pumped up for it.
We were bad. Some of that was down to them but a lot was down to us. Always feel the midfield doesn't have enough bite without Stephens in there. Didn't really get to any 2nd ball all night which left us in the back foot throughout
Hopefully this is this seasons Cardiff moment and the players go out and remain unbeaten the rest of the year. The players are there to do it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
They were brilliant tactically. Controlled the middle, had pace out wide and were fit enough to press us for 90 minutes.

We were never allowed to be even slightly comfortable.

One of those games where I'm hacked off with the loss and the performance but I can have absolutely no complaints about it. We deserved, and got, nothing.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
If ever we need proof that resting players at the weekend was wrong this is it.
Our reward, out of the FA Cup and an abject performance.
Huddersfield win their Cup tie and carry that through to the league match.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wasn't as bad as the 7-1 I've witnessed at Huddersfield, nor the 4-1 defeat at Cardiff last season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We rested players in the 3rd round, and beat a League 1 team. The following game, we beat Sheff Wed.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Huddersfield made nine changes to their team for their FA Cup game as well. Only Brown and Kachunga started both games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here