Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil Shiner struck off.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I truly hope he spends the rest of his life fearing for his own safety.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Two points here is it possible for Shinner to actually face the prospect of jail through some form of legal action against him ? Secondly because our politics is so twisted i could actually see Shinner disappearing off the scene for a few years before turning-up wearing a red rosette in the 2020 general election.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
i could actually see Shinner disappearing off the scene for a few years before turning-up wearing a red rosette in the 2020 general election.

Oh give over.

Exactly the point I'm making in #17. This scumbag's actions have not only tragically impacted the soldiers and their families but are going to be used as the test case for anyone that has an axe to grind with human rights in general. He should be made an example of, I can't believe there is anyone of any political persuasion that feels anything other than revulsion at his actions.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
A carpet bagger who has never been to war, has no understanding of combat and wants ti fill his pockets with legal aid money. Yes thats legal aid given to Iraqi nationals and not withstanding the mental anguish he has put numerous mounts of soldiers through. From Northern Ireland to Afghan and Iraq the British Army has a reputation and for good reason, its an Army not nursery school or gaggle of social workers. So he should be struck off he's a disgrace, can't believe so many took him so seriously.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38937053

good news

A £60m probe into allegations against Iraq war veterans will be shut down within months, Defence Secretary Sir Michael Fallon has announced.
The Iraq Historic Allegations Team (IHAT) would close in the summer and around 20 remaining cases be given to the Royal Navy Police, he said.
It comes after MPs branded the probe an "unmitigated failure".
The IHAT was set up in 2010 to look into allegations of abuse from Iraqi civilians against British troops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here