Huddersfield v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The John Smith's Stadium
Date: Thursday 2nd February 2017
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: James Linington
Assistants: Shaun Hudson, James Mainwaring
Fourth official: David Coote

Huddersfield could hand January signing Collin Quaner his first league appearance as they take on promotion rivals Brighton at the John Smith's Stadium.

Quaner, who joined the club from German Bundesliga 2 side Union Berlin during the January transfer window, scored on his full debut in the Terriers 4-0 FA Cup win at Rochdale on Saturday.

Manager David Wagner may be tempted to bring Aaron Mooy back in to the starting-line-up after he recovered from a back injury to play some part at the Kassam Stadium with fellow midfielder Jack Payne set to miss out as he serves the final match of his three-game ban.

Joe Lolley (foot) and Kasey Palmer (hamstring) are expected to be fit for selection but may not be risked as both players missed last weekend's game while winger Sean Scannell remains on the sidelines with a long-term ankle injury.

High-flying Brighton have captain Bruno available for their trip to Yorkshire.

The 36-year-old defender missed Albion's last two league games through injury but manager Chris Hughton has confirmed he will return to contention against the Terriers.

Defender Gaetan Bong will definitely miss the clash, while forward Sam Baldock will be assessed.

Striker Chuba Akpom, who joined on loan from Arsenal earlier in the week, could make his debut for the Seagulls.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Huddersfield are without a win in each of their last nine league encounters with the Seagulls, drawing five and losing four.
    [*=left]Both sides have scored in each of the last eight meetings at the John Smith's Stadium (27 goals in total, 3.4 per game).
    [*=left]Anthony Knockaert has scored five goals in five league appearances against Huddersfield.
    [*=left]The Terriers have won nine of their 13 home league games this season - four more than they'd won after 13 last season.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I don't doubt that we can win tonight, but I'd be quite pleased with a draw.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
"Manager David Wagner may be tempted to bring Aaron Mooy back in to the starting-line-up after he recovered from a back injury to play some part at the Kassam Stadium"

When did they play at the Kassam Stadium?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
"Manager David Wagner may be tempted to bring Aaron Mooy back in to the starting-line-up after he recovered from a back injury to play some part at the Kassam Stadium"

When did they play at the Kassam Stadium?

Dunno, but I had to get OMT information from Sky as the BBC seem to have forgotten that we're playing tonight.

Screenshot from 2017-02-02 10-49-40.png

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I noticed that too. They've got a preview of the only other match listed tonight at the African Cup of Nations,

There would have been bewilderment and confusion if I'd used that one.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I really admire what Huddersfield are doing, they seem a hard working team with a game plan that works. The lads will know they've been in a match tonight, I just hope we can play up to our best. I'm hopeful that we'll come away with something but this is a hard one.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Mooy is the guy who makes them tick. He came on for the last 20 at Spotland in the 4-0 win over Rochdale.

It should be a cracking game between 2 hard-working teams. Bring it on!

PG

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I really admire what Huddersfield are doing, they seem a hard working team with a game plan that works. The lads will know they've been in a match tonight, I just hope we can play up to our best. I'm hopeful that we'll come away with something but this is a hard one.

Decent fans too from what I remember when they came down to play us

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've been fretting about our away performance at Preston until I re-read the team sheet. We had issues that day. No Dunk, Stephens, Bong/Pog, Kayal. Stronger line-up tonight:

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Duffy
Adekugbe

Knockaert
Sidwell (Kayal 73')
Norwood
Skalak (Murphy 56')

Baldock (Hemed 63')
Murray

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Huddersfield will be massively fired up for this. Fans and players.

Hope we are equally up for the battle.

Very tough game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Can't say I held much admiration for them when they rocked up at the Amex as early League leaders, and proceeded to STINK the place out by doing a Cardiff, trying to niggle, timewaste and bore their way to a 0-0. Dog of a game. Thankfully their keeper handed us the points late on with a fumble, and they left with nothing, which was exactly what they deserved. Their total lack of ambition at our place considering the start they'd had was baffling.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here