Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition to support Trump's visit to the UK

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
And as for the wall, just what is so wrong about trying to prevent illegal immigrants flooding into your country? Seems to me that a wall is the obvious solution as nothing else seems to work. I honestly cannot understand the opposition to this one.

You think a wall stops people getting in? Then you're just painting yourself a bit far "D" on your forehead.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Because more voted for Brexit than voted for remain, that's kind of how these things work. The fact millions could not be arsed to vote is their problem.

A referendum on a major issue usually requires something like 65% so that there is a clear majority in favour and no controversy. But dopey Dave thought it wasn't necessary....

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
A referendum on a major issue usually requires something like 65% so that there is a clear majority in favour and no controversy. But dopey Dave thought it wasn't necessary....

Everyone knew the rules before the vote, but now some are whining about it. It makes me laugh those that are complaining about democracy actually want a vote ignored.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Or else these people decided that signing a misspelled petition to express their feelings was better than signing no petition at all. That mightn't occur to clever-sides guardianistas of course; they just prefer to sneer. Go on sneering, the silent majority will go on doing what's best for this country.

I'm beginning to wish they were a bit more silent tbh

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
how about because it wont do anything much? we have a 50 mile moat yet still the immigrant come in. its not even a big problem, the numbers are fewer than immigrants into the UK - tens of thousands cross the mexican border, not hundreds of thousands. and mostly they'll do work that others dont want to do, post wall there'll undoubtedly be a visa programme for agricultrual and other lower end works to go into the US. im most looking forward to the stories of thousands of Mexicans working on the wall.

wasn't there something about 3 million illegal immigrants with criminal convictions gained in the US?

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Everyone knew the rules before the vote, but now some are whining about it. It makes me laugh those that are complaining about democracy actually want a vote ignored.

The rules were that the vote wasn't binding. Why are people now pretending that it was?

In normal circumstances you would expect Brexit to be negotiated then put back to the country for a 65% binding vote. Don't you think that would be appropriate?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I wish Trump would just disappear so we can have some different headlines. However I think we've regardless entered and now firmly set in a new age of constant moaning and outrage at anything you don't agree with on a monumental scale never seen before.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The rules were that the vote wasn't binding. Why are people now pretending that it was?

In normal circumstances you would expect Brexit to be negotiated then put back to the country for a 65% binding vote. Don't you think that would be appropriate?

No, I believed that win or lose I would have to accept the majority vote. Regardless it's going to happen, otherwise there will be uproar. Pretty pointless having a vote that's not binding.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wish Trump would just disappear so we can have some different headlines. However I think we've regardless entered and now firmly set in a new age of constant moaning and outrage at anything you don't agree with on a monumental scale never seen before.
Yep. You put it well. Sigh.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You think a wall stops people getting in? Then you're just painting yourself a bit far "D" on your forehead.

And what happens when they decide to enter American via Canada, is a wall then built along the length of the Canadian/USA border. Then another wall the length of the American coast line because boats have been used to avoid the land wall.

Now a roof is required as some have been flying over the wall.

Comical really

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
how about because it wont do anything much? we have a 50 mile moat yet still the immigrant come in. its not even a big problem, the numbers are fewer than immigrants into the UK - tens of thousands cross the mexican border, not hundreds of thousands. and mostly they'll do work that others dont want to do, post wall there'll undoubtedly be a visa programme for agricultrual and other lower end works to go into the US. im most looking forward to the stories of thousands of Mexicans working on the wall.

Of course there'll be a visa programme to let Mexicans in to the USA to work. What is wrong with the country deciding that it only wants to let in those people to whom it has given visas? Sounds like a common sense way of handling the situation.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just checked on the numbers of both petitions, "Prevent " have 1.8 M petitioners against " Should " 256 K.... if a referendum vote of 52% over 48 % is a "overwhelming " margin in favour of leaving how can anyone not see that this is a MASSIVE AND OVERWHELMING vote for " Prevent " ? The debate is over, Trumpers, you lost Ha Ha !

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just checked on the numbers of both petitions, "Prevent " have 1.8 M petitioners against " Should " 256 K.... if a referendum vote of 52% over 48 % is a "overwhelming " margin in favour of leaving how can anyone not see that this is a MASSIVE AND OVERWHELMING vote for " Prevent " ? The debate is over, Trumpers, you lost Ha Ha !

This is way this was moved to "other stuff", 112 people viewing here, 1567 on the main board

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here