Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition to support Trump's visit to the UK

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Poor snowflakes need an apposing(sic) petition.

I don't actually think it was a case of poor anything. The same as all the people taking to the streets because they did not like the result of the referendum, the same with the election results, then the same with a new president overseas.....i just think that many are fed up with all these "trumped" up protests and just wanted to oppose yet another petition from those that are continuously upset with democratic results etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't actually think it was a case of poor anything. The same as all the people taking to the streets because they did not like the result of the referendum, the same with the election results, then the same with a new president overseas.....i just think that many are fed up with all these "trumped" up protests and just wanted to oppose yet another petition from those that are continuously upset with democratic results etc.

er, with a trumped up protes of their own :wozza:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

The right to express yourself freely and peaceful protest are a fundamental part of democracy whether you believe them to be trumped up or not.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

How is Bexit being imposed when around 35% of the electorate in the UK have voted for it democratic? And how is Trump winning with 4 million fewer votes than Clinton democratic? India and Iran are considerably more democratic than the UK and USA.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

The petition wasn't about objecting to democracy, it was about a state visit. These are normally afforded after a period of reflection based on the relationship between that individual and our country.

Not because we're desperate

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
More petitions, more memes, more misinformation, more discussion about handshakes, hand size, air kisses, gallantry and charisma.

Less discussion about policy and action.

Politics is ****ed.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The right to express yourself freely and peaceful protest are a fundamental part of democracy whether you believe them to be trumped up or not.

I was just replying to the "poor snowflakes" comment when a petition is put up that the liberals do not like.
As you say a "fundamental part of democracy"....... just like the referendum result.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
How is Bexit being imposed when around 35% of the electorate in the UK have voted for it democratic? And how is Trump winning with 4 million fewer votes than Clinton democratic? India and Iran are considerably more democratic than the UK and USA.

I thought you would be pleased to see another annoying person at the Palace.

And as for the wall, just what is so wrong about trying to prevent illegal immigrants flooding into your country? Seems to me that a wall is the obvious solution as nothing else seems to work. I honestly cannot understand the opposition to this one.

This.

I look at the wall like a front door. I have one too.

I don't lock my front door because I hate those outside it, I lock it because I love those inside.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The petition wasn't about objecting to democracy, it was about a state visit. These are normally afforded after a period of reflection based on the relationship between that individual and our country.

Not because we're desperate

Oh sorry, nothing to do with the fact that you don't like him, you did not want him to run a country overseas, he has a dodgy haircut etc then.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

Because more voted for Brexit than voted for remain, that's kind of how these things work. The fact millions could not be arsed to vote is their problem.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Oh sorry, nothing to do with the fact that you don't like him, you did not want him to run a country overseas, he has a dodgy haircut etc then.

I may not like him but whilst he bans people from his country I don't want him banned from ours. Just don't want us (to quote Joe Strummer) ti be sending a limo anyway

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And as for the wall, just what is so wrong about trying to prevent illegal immigrants flooding into your country? Seems to me that a wall is the obvious solution as nothing else seems to work. I honestly cannot understand the opposition to this one.

how about because it wont do anything much? we have a 50 mile moat yet still the immigrant come in. its not even a big problem, the numbers are fewer than immigrants into the UK - tens of thousands cross the mexican border, not hundreds of thousands. and mostly they'll do work that others dont want to do, post wall there'll undoubtedly be a visa programme for agricultrual and other lower end works to go into the US. im most looking forward to the stories of thousands of Mexicans working on the wall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here