Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the context of the overall Championship Activity, how happy are you with our business?

How happy are you with our Jan transfer window businesses?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Given the quality of the usual starting 11, the window was more about securing better back up options if there were available to provide cover for injuries and options from the bench. We now have 2 players for each position.

I'm happy

Stockdale/Maenpaa/Walton
Bruno/Rosenior/Tomori
Duffy/Goldson
Dunk/Hunemeier
Bong/Pocognoli/Adekugbe
Knockaert/March
Kayal/Sidwell
Stephens/Norwood
Skalak/Murphy
Baldock/Akpom/Towell
Murray/Hemed

What a squad that is

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Stockdale/Maenpaa/Walton
Bruno/Rosenior/Tomori
Duffy/Goldson
Dunk/Hunemeier
Bong/Pocognoli/Adekugbe
Knockaert/March
Kayal/Sidwell
Stephens/Norwood
Skalak/Murphy
Baldock/Akpom/Towell
Murray/Hemed

What a squad that is

Worth a thumbs up IMHO

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We needed competition for Sam B. We got it. GK issue covered. All good.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Reading and Leeds are our two main competitors besides Newcastle, and they have both strengthened numerically in the window. Reading have got 5 new players but may have difficulty assimilating them into an already successful squad. Leeds remain vulnerable if Wood gets crocked (astonishingly). Our key incomers are the two premiershit youngsters - if they come off we will have really strengthened in the window and the re-signing of Murray and return of Walton are both excellent moves.

Yep Reading and Leeds (to a lesser extent IMO) are the main threats but they are threats to Newcastle as well. They still have to play all of the top teams.

We just need 10 wins and it won't matter. That isn't to say the roller-coaster has reached the end of the run though.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I don't really understand the hype about Readings transfer window. Popa seems a gamble, Mutch is awful and Ilori is impressive physically but isn't actually that good defensively. Grabban will score goals but his attitude is awful. Oxford is the only signing I think is actually that good tbqh.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I didn't vote over the moon, but I really should be.

The club have recruited players to have 2 quality options in every position. Is 7 strikers like Wednesday and Derby realistic with our budget situation? Are that many even necessary? I don't think so. Covering for injuries is an inevitable problem that will happen throughout the season. I like the quality over quantity approach Brighton have gone for, though 22 quality players isn't exactly on the light side. Every side will have injury concerns at some point in the season. Unless you have a squad of 44 players, I don't think you'll ever be 100% covered in every position!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There definitely needs to be a category between the first and the second. At the moment you've got 76% of NSC voting that the world will end if we get one injury.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don't really understand the hype about Readings transfer window. Popa seems a gamble, Mutch is awful and Ilori is impressive physically but isn't actually that good defensively. Grabban will score goals but his attitude is awful. Oxford is the only signing I think is actually that good tbqh.
Agree .....

Very average overall. Can't believe how hyped reading fans are getting about the window. Just more average players (bar 18 year old Oxford) added to an already average squad.

Staam is working miracles at that club.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
There definitely needs to be a category between the first and the second. At the moment you've got 76% of NSC voting that the world will end if we get one injury.
Agree. I'm happy we've done what was required. There's no category for that, which I imagine the majority of fans would vote for.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Option 3, Reading have strengthened and we have signed a couple of youngsters who dont look up to much.

Think we might come to rue not gettinng in someone with a bit of quality.

Well done ,write them off already,one has played just one game where everybody was bad the other hasnot played yet. nice to see you are giving them a fair chance.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm happy with our dealings after the door has been slammed shut.
A failure from our current heights would be a Play Off place. They'll be some strong squads in those. Luckily I don't believe in failure this season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Slightly disappointed with the departures of Ince, Manu, Lualua, Starkey.

"If he can start to use his brain a little bit more on he field of play, he will be difficult to play against." CH on Akpom.

I think CH would have been justified in saying that about the departures!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The one that surprised me was Newcastle not getting anyone in once the Townsend deal COLLAPSED, if Gayle's injury doesn't clear up as soon as they think they will be relying on Murphy and Mitrovic. I quite expected them to SPUNK millions on strikers as well as a few defenders but they didn't do a tap.

I wonder if the rumours of RAFA having a fall out with whoever gets the deals done there is true ?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
How would Chris Houghton answer that question? Very concerned but cautiously optimistic that the side will keep performing to the same level.

And if Dunk gets his 15th yellow card CH will pull his (Dunk's) fingernails out of his fingertips.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We now have competition for each position in a 4-4-2 formation. I'd have liked to have seen a couple of others even if only on loan so we can operate in other formations during the final few months when we are struggling to break teams down or dominate possession against teams who flood their midfield to try and stop us playing our natural game.

An attacking midfielder who can play a killer pass and a central midfielder who would sit deep and allow others to play if we do change to a 4-5-1 or even a 4-3-3. Those 2 additions would give us more than just a plan A.

Very happy with the current squad and very capable of competing for the title

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here