junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
[Ckpomon the bench,.ENTER]Stockdale
Bruno...Duffy...Dunk....Pocognoli
Knockaert......Norwood.....Stephens....March
Akpom....Murray.[/CENTER]

Subs: Walton Goldson Tomori, Sidwell, Kayal, Skalak, Hemed

I do however expect CH to start with Murray and Hemed and have Akpom on the bench.

Wtf have you done with your post?

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Hughton knows Skalak is out of sorts and I can't see him starting going on previous performances.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
------------------- Stockdale -------------------
Bruno ---- Duffy ----- Dunk ---- Pocognoli
Knockaert -- Kayal -- Stephens -- Skalak
----------- Hemed --------- Murray -----------

Subs: Walton, Tomori, Goldson, Sidwell/Norwood, Murphy, March, Akpom

I'd rather March started instead of Skalak, but suspect Skalak will start for dead balls and defensive security. At the very least, we want to avoid a defeat. We also need to think about Brentford, when Baldock might be available to play some part.

Probably this but don't think Tomori will be involved on the bench. Reckon both Sidwell and Norwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I would be tempted to start Akpom if Baldock is iffy.

Definitely. Scored on his Hull City debut against............ Huddersfield

Time for lightening to strike twice :thumbsup:

Last edited:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Bloody hope he doesn't start :)
Hasn't even deserved to be on the bench to be frank....

I think that's a bit unfair. He hasn't been any better or worse than Murphy of late, nor Bong & Baldock towards the beginning of the season. If he was making errors and costing us games then i might agree that he needs a rest. But that's simply not true, he is just out of form.

Houghton is a great man manager and has shown that he realises players can't refind some form when not playing, so he allows them to play their way back into form, and i believe it's the correct thing to do. If we were getting beat every week i might think differently.

A fit, confident and in-form Skalak is vital for our run in. Dropping him from the squad would do the complete opposite.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Stockdale

Bruno (if fit)/Goldson
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Murray
Akpom

Subs
Walton
Goldson/Tomori
Sidwell
Norwood
Skalak
March
Hemed

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Stockdale

Bruno (if fit)/Goldson
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Murray
Akpom

Subs
Walton
Goldson/Tomori
Sidwell
Norwood
Skalak
March
Hemed

Think we might have two defenders on bench. Hunemeier? And I reckon Hemed and Murray to start.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'd be happy to see Akpom start. Only because it would mean CH has seen enough of him already to know that he deserves to. Which in turn means he must be bloody good.

I'd guess that it'll be Murray/Hemed though with Akpom on the bench. Which still looks pretty good.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Think we might have two defenders on bench. Hunemeier? And I reckon Hemed and Murray to start.

Did have Uwe on bench originally but felt bad that one of Sidwell/Norwood/March/Skalak wouldn't be in squad. Would've liked to put Towell on bench too.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I think the side depends so much on whether:

- Akpom is deemed good/fit enough to slot straight into the starting line-up.
- Baldock is fit to make the bench.

If we start with Murray and Hemed, I would start Skalak purely for his set piece delivery. I would also play Skalak on the right and Knockaert on the left, to try and get crosses into the box for Murray and Hemed to attack.

If we start with Akpom, I would probably start with Murphy instead of Skalak as I feel he brings more to the team from a defensive and counter attacking perspective.

Considering the injuries we currently have, it is a really strong squad. You'd need to probably leave out one or two of March/Murphy/Norwood/Sidwell from the 18 to accommodate.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
With Bruno only just back from injury we're definitely going to have two defenders on the bench, although probably Goldson and Uwe

We'll see but Goldson covers multiple positions. If Bruno isn't fully fit he shouldn't start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here