Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Gregory

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What a bargain. How come no one else noted the clause? Surely for silly throw away money like that a Premier League club could have a punt at signing him.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What a bargain. How come no one else noted the clause? Surely for silly throw away money like that a Premier League club could have a punt at signing him.

He's not a great player and will struggle in the championship - I imagine most scouts have seen that.

It's obvious why city have done this, they have lost 8/9 games in a row? The fans needed a distraction and some points scored on their rivals will do nicely.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Speaking of League One strikers, it appears Bristol Rovers' prolific Matty Taylor is on the move today.

To Bristol City :ohmy:

City have lost something like nine out of their last ten games, and eight in a row I think it is, plummeting down the table to the fringes of the relegation zone. What better way to distract your fans from your ongoing dreadful form than to buy your hated city rivals' most treasured asset, for a price thought to be around £300k?
For £300K? That's potentially one hell of a bargain. At that price, maybe we should have taken a punt - I mean, £300K is almost small change these days, isn't it?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No more business after the Ince deal. According to Mr Naylor anyway.

Rohan Ince's move to Swindon will be completed soon. He's there finalising paperwork. That, I am told, will be close of business. #bhafc

— [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus 31 January 2017

Yeah, but he knows nothing etc, etc, etc...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
For £300K? That's potentially one hell of a bargain. At that price, maybe we should have taken a punt - I mean, £300K is almost small change these days, isn't it?

I think Burnley are preparing a new bid for Stephens for that amount :dunce:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Speaking of League One strikers, it appears Bristol Rovers' prolific Matty Taylor is on the move today.

To Bristol City :ohmy:

City have lost something like nine out of their last ten games, and eight in a row I think it is, plummeting down the table to the fringes of the relegation zone. What better way to distract your fans from your ongoing dreadful form than to buy your hated city rivals' most treasured asset, for a price thought to be around £300k?

Bristol City have been slightly naughty in their official tweet. #welcometoBristol #makingBristolproud

[tweet]826460423960612864[/tweet]

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oh nice deadline day rumour!

Always liked Gregory, seems to make great runs into the channels and has a crisp finish. Fired them into the League One play-offs last season,

Would be a good addition!

He is hopeless...............Misses more than he scores. This story has been done to death many times over.

If Brighton were to buy Gregory, that would suggest that they think he is good enough for the Premier League because they would need to give him a 2 or 3 year contract and he is most certainly not a PL player.

Now Fred Onyedinma at Millwall....That would be a different matter ?????

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's not a great player and will struggle in the championship - I imagine most scouts have seen that.

It's obvious why city have done this, they have lost 8/9 games in a row? The fans needed a distraction and some points scored on their rivals will do nicely.

I think City are hoping for far more from Matty Taylor to just distract the Ashton Gate faithful. I'll have a punt on him finding the net a few times for them in what's left of the season.

Moreover as in my previous post, £300k is small fry to many bigger clubs, so really surprised no one else came in for him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think City are hoping for far more from Matty Taylor to just distract the Ashton Gate faithful. I'll have a punt on him finding the net a few times for them in what's left of the season.

Moreover as in my previous post, £300k is small fry to many bigger clubs, so really surprised no one else came in for him.
He must of been watched maybe no one else rated him that much.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

You've still got to genuinely believe the player is good enough, to consider the 'punt' worth taking. A three year deal, at just £10k a week, plus the £300k is still a £2m investment.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If Brighton were to buy Gregory, that would suggest that they think he is good enough for the Premier League because they would need to give him a 2 or 3 year contract and he is most certainly not a PL player.

I see what you're saying but I disagree here. If we were to sign Gregory (and I doubt we will) then it would be because we think he can help get us to the Premier League. If we don't make it, he'll be useful in the Championship.

Case in point, Murray. He's 33 and unlikely to make a huge impact if we do go up. We've spent £3 million on him. Why? Because he could get us there. If we don't go up, we've got a lad who could score 20+goals in the Championship next season, and if we do - then it makes £3 million look like peanuts.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I see what you're saying but I disagree here. If we were to sign Gregory (and I doubt we will) then it would be because we think he can help get us to the Premier League. If we don't make it, he'll be useful in the Championship.

Case in point, Murray. He's 33 and unlikely to make a huge impact if we do go up. We've spent £3 million on him. Why? Because he could get us there. If we don't go up, we've got a lad who could score 20+goals in the Championship next season, and if we do - then it makes £3 million look like peanuts.

Trust me Lee Gregory would not score 20 goals in the Championship. I have seen him play a lot and the No of goals he scores is deceptive. Lots are penalties and he gets about 4 or 5 chances per game and misses most of them

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Trust me Lee Gregory would not score 20 goals in the Championship. I have seen him play a lot and the No of goals he scores is deceptive. Lots are penalties and he gets about 4 or 5 chances per game and misses most of them

OK, if you've seen him play more than me I can accept that :)

Dec 29, 2011

Sounds like Mackail-Smith

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
According to the Coventry Telegraph and despite having signed Akpom, we have subsequently made an enquiry for Lee Gregory of Millwall !

Brighton target Millwall star Lee Gregory after swooping for Arsenal starlet Coventry Telegraph

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Slow news in Ferring ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here