Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray signs until June 2019

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We buy him now, otherwise Warnock or Holloway will come in and buy him; they have both raved about him recently - maybe even Brentford or Fulham ( or Reading). Brentford will have money left over from the impending sale of Hogan to West Ham. Eddie Howe will just be looking out for the best deal for Bournemouth. He is the second highest goal scorer after Gayle in the division.

I wonder if that is the real story here. It may be that the grapevine is suggesting that someone is looking to spend money on him as he is only on loan with us. If so you can understand the latest rush to sign him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If we sign him permanently it should be on a free transfer , simple as that

We buy him now, otherwise Warnock or Holloway will come in and buy him; they have both raved about him recently - maybe even Brentford or Fulham ( or Reading). Brentford will have money left over from the impending sale of Hogan to West Ham. Eddie Howe will just be looking out for the best deal for Bournemouth. He is the second highest goal scorer after Gayle in the division.

Hasn't woody woodpecker just overtaken Murray?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure if mentioned in thread and cba to read it all but I'd be very very surprised if the fee is that for someone of his age. There are often overinflated figures that the club let Naylor etc know once the deal is done - see Knockaert & Duffy. I'd expect it to be more like £1mil plus an additional 500k or so with promotion. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] may be able to drop a snippet on this if he hears or Naylor. Just my opinion, but can't see it being £3mil, not when we have him on loan for the season anyway...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Could it be we pay a lower fee, rising to the reported £3m if we win promotion?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Almost certainly - if it even reaches £3mil. The likes of Sky love to exaggerate figures in the Sky Sports world of football - and we are shrewd when it comes to business..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ that's a lot of money and even if we go up I doubt he'll be first choice....Would have thought the club would have made a decision at the end of the season.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You have not got your eye on the big picture have you ?

If we go up, he will have paid us back ten fold and some, even if god forbid we don't go up he would be good for at least another season.

Tell me who else could get you 20 goals in the Championship for that much ?
He's here if we go up wether we sign him or not :)

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I say bollocks to wholesale changes should we go up!!
Give the players who got us up a chance next season, with some additions onto the squad if it's all going tits up at the half-way stage!
Much more exciting being a yo-yo club, rather than mid-table mediocrity!

Murray has proved himself in the top division, and would be a good spearhead for next season. :albion2:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
No shit Sherlock ! Thanks for stating the bleeding obvious. Just gets me a bit that we're paying £3 million for a player that was ours and we let go for nish....very short sighted in my opinion.

I presumed you probably would have noticed....... and I agree with your point.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Question - if Bournemouth are offered a fee for Murray from another club , could they sell him now? Or can we veto that as we have him on loan ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes, he's a brilliant Championship forward, but will he be much use to us after this season if we get promoted? Hell, I suppose we could always sell him for £12M to Villa or Derby in the summer. And if we do choke and stay down, I guess we'll all be crazy happy that he's ours for next season. In Tony and Chris we trust. :albion2:

He'll be fine as third or fourth choice striker, if we make it to the PL. It also means that we reduce the number of strikers we'll have to buy in that scenario. Baldock certainly won't make it in the PL, and Hemed ought to be fourth choice at best.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here