Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba Akpom signs on loan until the end of the season

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Really pleased with this signing. Young player desperate to prove himself and he will be coming into a good team which should help his development win - win situation

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Very happy with this signing and thought it would have happened at the start of the season. He is rapid and I think he will love playing off of Murray and will be a hell of a lot more effective in our team compared to how he was used at Hull, while the experience he gained last year will be invaluable. Happy days !

Chijeff

Jan 23, 2017
Yes. Like it. Can see him scoring a good handful for us, providing C H puts him on in good time.
Will he play Thursday ? We will soon find out. Surely he must be tried, even if on for last 30 minutes.
Remember when James Wilson came on in his first home and almost scored a couple. Almost.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Spoke to a few Hull fans. Said he has pace but not much else, not clinical and often makes the wrong decision in front of goal. Only hope is he's still only 21 so will be always improving, but doesn't sounds like he'll be starting regularly for us.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Spoke to a few Hull fans. Said he has pace but not much else, not clinical and often makes the wrong decision in front of goal. Only hope is he's still only 21 so will be always improving, but doesn't sounds like he'll be starting regularly for us.

Just having that pace forces defences into changing the way they play, sitting deeper so there isn't the room in behind. And proves a great outlet when we are defending, backs to the wall and under the kosh.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just having that pace forces defences into changing the way they play, sitting deeper so there isn't the room in behind. And proves a great outlet when we are defending, backs to the wall and under the kosh.

Exactly. We may or may not get a big return in terms of goals from him, but I'm hopeful he can play that Baldock role and really help stretch defences. Perfect signing in every way - we've not made a big long-term financial commitment by signing a player who may or may not be able to cut it IF we make it to the PL (a-la Hogan), and he's not someone who will come here fully expecting to play every week. This makes sense in every way for me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Different to what we have, real Pace, carries the ball well and has a trick or two unlike the rest of our front line, if he can get a goal early into his time with us it would really help, when confident he is a real handful.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Very much looking forward to seeing him play. A great signing by the club.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Agree with this. Our non-striker goal tally is already a worry for defences, so his pace will help to keep them on the back foot. Lets see.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
He can at least take a decent penalty too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Baldock is great at 'defending from the front' - constantly harrying defenders, sometime into costly mistakes. Can see Chuba doing the same with his pace and strength.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
He plays like Paul Clarke. We won't win the fair play award....... Saw him play a few years ago against LFC and he was the best player on the pitch but never progressed in my view but hopefully will do a job.
Or am I thinking of Frampon?????

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Chuba... really pleased with this signing... at last, some real competition for Sam B...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed. Just one of a number of midlands clubs that have bowed to the Chinese yen. 'We will be the biggest club in the universe in three years time'.

I follow their owner on Twitter, @Dr_Tony Xia just for a chuckle at some of the piffle he comes out with. The Villa fans all lap it up though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here