Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba Akpom signs on loan until the end of the season

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Do we need 5 then ?

We do yes. That's exactly how it works, apparently. Villa have signed 7, so they'll now challenge for top two. I say 'top 2', when of course we all know there is only actually one place up for grabs, what with Derby having LOADS of players.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Still would like to see Keane come in even with akpom

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have no idea if he is any good or not.

I'd like to think so, being at Arsenal, fingers crossed...

This. Arsenal rarely sign mugs. On the face of it, a lean hungry young striker that isn't suffering from glandular fever or similar. Seems also, from what little I've read, to have the right kind of attitude also. Could hopefully do a job alongside Murray.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I've now become accustomed to not believing the injury updates. Like the Zamora one they hid last season, Rosenoir was only ever supposed to be out for 6 weeks (twice), the Kayal injury took longer than anticipated by us fans after club reports. Now it's got to the point that I'm not sure we'll see Baldock or Bruno for a while. There's very little news and while I understand you don't want to give too much info to the opposition, I feel like we get strung along. Is Akpom backup or the new partner for Hemed or Murray?

Christ I hope not. Would be curious to hear how many on here have actually seen Akpom play more than a couple times.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I've now become accustomed to not believing the injury updates. Like the Zamora one they hid last season, Rosenoir was only ever supposed to be out for 6 weeks (twice), the Kayal injury took longer than anticipated by us fans after club reports. Now it's got to the point that I'm not sure we'll see Baldock or Bruno for a while. There's very little news and while I understand you don't want to give too much info to the opposition, I feel like we get strung along. Is Akpom backup or the new partner for Hemed or Murray?

He'll be part of the squad like every other player. You know, #together and all that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Any remaining transfer market activity will be a better gauge, on the injured, than the missive from M*A*S*H.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll be honest - 3 goals in 36 matches for Hull last season whilst Robbie Keane is still available makes me disappointed. If he was all that wouldn't Hull have bust a gut to sign him, or Steve Bruce tried to bring him in at Villa?

That said, it could have been worse. I hope the kid does great for us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We do yes. That's exactly how it works, apparently. Villa have signed 7, so they'll now challenge for top two. I say 'top 2', when of course we all know there is only actually one place up for grabs, what with Derby having LOADS of players.

Duh. Everyone knows more footballers equals a more gooder team. Middlesborough bought 5 so they went up. We should buy TEN then we'll definitely go up.

I heard Chelsea are winning the league because they have done a deal with a Chinese club to buy 65 players.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I cannot believe all this rubbish spouted about Middlesbro points rate before and after signing Rhodes irrespective of anything else he scored the goals to secure the points which took them up the rest is totally immaterial. If Akpom does the same I will be very happy even if it is only 3 or 5 goals.

What I can't believe is why you think that isn't relevant? How is it specifically Rhodes' goals that were the ones that made the difference? Saying that sort of thing makes you seem like an imbecile. You could go back and pick any game where they didn't lose and declare that was the one that did it. The point people are making is that after those signings, Middlesbrough were worse than before. Do you think that if they didn't sign Rhodes they'd play with 10 men or something? SOMEONE else would have been playing and may have done far better.

In fact, after some deep analysis I can confirm it was actually David Button of Brentford who got 'Boro promoted. Without his own goal on Jan 12th we would have finished 3 points clear of them. **** YOU BUTTON

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'll be honest - 3 goals in 36 matches for Hull last season whilst Robbie Keane is still available makes me disappointed. If he was all that wouldn't Hull have bust a gut to sign him, or Steve Bruce tried to bring him in at Villa?

That goal ratio is simply shit. Top of the Championship and now favorites to go up and that's the best we can find? . It's ok though because he comes from Arsenal. This is a major let down when the club knew for months we were riding our luck with 3 forwards at the club.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

That goal ratio is simply shit. Top of the Championship and now favorites to go up and that's the best we can find? . It's ok though because he comes from Arsenal. This is a major let down when the club knew for months we were riding our luck with 3 forwards at the club.

Top of the Championship and favourites to go up and you're complaining.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The delicious irony that Hull went up last season....destroyed by your own logic. Like Boro with Rhodes, Hull got Akpom, he scored 3 goals and they got promoted.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Only around half of those were starts though - the rest off the bench.

He's been out injured for a good 3-4 months so would be chomping at the bit, you'd imagine.

Hopefully as you have said, chomping at the bit, as I believe the bench should be very cold now, as Elvis Manu has gone.
Positive loanee signing :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here