Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 killed and many injured in shooting at mosque in Quebec, Canada

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
And happened in Canada.

Is this going to be the norm from now on in, whenever something bad happens people will stick in Trumps name within the headline or sentences as though he was to blame or in some way responsible.

Not having a go at you marlowe, its just interesting alot of articles and media are saying the same, and subliminally people are making that association, when clearly Trump has no responsibility for this act.

I realise it was in Canada. I also wasn't suggesting that Trump was in any way responsible. But in light of all the Islamaphobic hysteria Trump has been stoking up and his prompt enacting of his most recent policies to that effect I think it was a fair comment to make. It's not as if Trump himself has kept a dignified silence or refrained from making unwarranted claims with regard to this attack. He was one of those who tweeted that the attacker was a Muslim without having the facts substantiated. So any Trump references in relation to this attack are perfectly justifiable.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America.

I'm well aware of that. It would be hard not to be. I did not suggest the attack was in the United States of America. Read my post more carefully and you'll see my words were "high profile" which does not suggest I believe the attacks were on American soil albeit only across the border.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You've just proven that you will believe anything that they say so long as it matches your predjudices. Congratulations on finally admitting your biases.

Eh? Firstly dickwad I said it was French Canadians then changed it after seeing the news had changed., relaying news is not the same as believing it either. Congrats on not understanding how media works.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

That particular comment was based on a news report I read but having now checked the source in order to substantiate it i'm inclined to believe it wasn't Trump's official twitter account so I may have been wrong on that one.
However having said that I stand by my original post which wasn't even based on that assumption as I wasn't even aware of it when I originally posted. There is still an irony that in the face of all Trump's islamaphobic scaremongering and recently implemented policies, that the first high profile terror attack occuring during his Presidency was perpetrated on Muslims not by Muslims. And that is regardless of whether or not it is on American soil. His new policies have far reaching consequences for people of all nations, not just those indiginous to the countries included in his ban.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That particular comment was based on a news report I read but having now checked the source in order to substantiate it i'm inclined to believe it wasn't Trump's official twitter account so I may have been wrong on that one.

Oh that is handy then, the damage and slander has already been made, and then you go on to defend this assumption.

However having said that I stand by my original post which wasn't even based on that assumption as I wasn't even aware of it when I originally posted. There is still an irony that in the face of all Trump's islamaphobic scaremongering and recently implemented policies, that the first high profile terror attack occuring during his Presidency was perpetrated on Muslims not by Muslims. And that is regardless of whether or not it is on American soil. His new policies have far reaching consequences for people of all nations, not just those indiginous to the countries included in his ban.

This is exactly what I was getting at in my previous post, people have such hatred they are prepared to justify anything and cast false news and accusations in order to prove they are right. That is not acceptable just because you believe you are right does not make you right.

protest all you want have your opinions, but when you start assuming things or not actually getting the full facts from both sides you are letting yourself down.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't condone what happened but I am not surprised that it has. There has been enough Islamic terrorism to turn people with weak minds. Stories like the priest who was decapitated in his Church is a horror story let alone all the multiple incidents over the last few years. Of course some people are going to snap.

I don’t know if this gunman has grown up with a lust for killing or is scared of Islam because of recent events.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't condone what happened but I am not surprised that it has. There has been enough Islamic terrorism to turn people with weak minds. Stories like the priest who was decapitated in his Church is a horror story let alone all the multiple incidents over the last few years. Of course some people are going to snap.

I don’t know if this gunman has grown up with a lust for killing or is scared of Islam because of recent events.

Or because he is a terrorst.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

That sounds an awful lot like condoning what happened.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Eh? Firstly dickwad I said it was French Canadians then changed it after seeing the news had changed., relaying news is not the same as believing it either. Congrats on not understanding how media works.

Same individuals earlier report, got links muddled. Mohamed Khadir and Alexandre Bissonette arrested, story now on Britbart. Willl be on bbc once they take down the story about it being white supremacists caused by Trump.

Except you did believe it. Not the first time you've tried telling everyone how Breitbart tells the truth either.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Or because he is a terrorst.

That sounds an awful lot like condoning what happened.

No it isn't, it's accepting that it is human nature for fragile minds to crack. There has been plenty of Islamic horror shows to push someone to do this.

I wouldn't do it nor could I find a justification to do it, that doesn't mean that someone else doesn't feel it's justified.

It's just odd that every time a Muslim terrorist does something the first thing the media has to do, to not offend, is use the mentally ill story, and when the reverse happens the public demand is keen for them to use the terrorist headline.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Really gross how some are showing legit joy at the guy being a white, right wing wanker. The hypocrisy is so sad, and the fact that 6 innocent deaths are being used for an agenda is even worse.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Oh that is handy then, the damage and slander has already been made, and then you go on to defend this assumption............
..........people have such hatred they are prepared to justify anything and cast false news and accusations in order to prove they are right. That is not acceptable.

I wasn't prepared to cast false news though was I? That was the point of my last post. I repeated news that I assumed to be correct. It was me who pointed out that I had possibly repeated false news on discovery that I might have. At least I had the grace to not only admit it but point that fact out. I could have just remained silent and ignored the Chappers' question which was hardly probing.

And I certainly didn't go on to defend that assumption because I actually corrected myself. I actually went on to defend my original post which was not based on any misquoted tweet. As for slandering Donald Trump, I'm sure he's got the financial resources to take the appropriate action against me should he feel that way inclined but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wasn't prepared to cast false news though was I? That was the point of my last post. I repeated news that I assumed to be correct. It was me who pointed out that I had possibly repeated false news on discovery that I might have. At least I had the grace to not only admit it but point that fact out. I could have just remained silent and ignored the Chappers' question which was hardly probing.

And I certainly didn't go on to defend that assumption because I actually corrected myself. I actually went on to defend my original post which was not based on any misquoted tweet. As for slandering Donald Trump, I'm sure he's got the financial resources to take the appropriate action against me should he feel that way inclined but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

fair enough fella, have a good afternoon and hope you enjoy the rest of transfer deadline day.:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here