Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is this not all a bit hypocritical?

We don't like Trump's policy of banning people from his country so we have a petition to ban him from our country.

He wouldn't be banned.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Trump has set up a fascist government in 9 days.

Government border protection services are ignoring federal court orders, Steve Bannon (completely unelected white supremacist) is on the national security council and Trump has banned people from entering the country purely based on their country of birth. There are reports of US citizens being detained because of their ethnicity also.

Soon the deportations and internments of Muslim US residents will start happening and Trump & Bannon's power grab will be complete. If he isn't impeached soon we seriously have Nazi Germany 2 on our hands.

We should not allow him to enter this country but Theresa seems hell bent on appeasement rather than opposition to his disgusting policies. History will not look kindly on us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Much as I intensely dislike Putin's Poodle, we are much better off not falling out with the narcissist - so best let him have his state visit in my opinion.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Err...na.

What has he actually done to deserve that?

Ahh, let me guess, it's just another way of the facists trying to make themselves feel better after the unending butt hurt of Brexit and Trump.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
US citizens made their choice, we don't have to like it. He is the president and the right thing for our country to do is work with the US, particularly given our Brexit decision.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
US citizens made their choice, we don't have to like it. He is the president and the right thing for our country to do is work with the US, particularly given our Brexit decision.

Doesn't mean we have to let him grab Queenie by the pussy, though.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Generation snowflake?

Not really sure why that is particularly relevant tbh. Poor young people who are blasted for not caring or engaging in politics or topical issues but when they weigh in with their opinion and try to voice what they believe they are banded as wimps or sore losers whatever the hell that is meant to mean.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
Trump was elected my the American people fair and square. They voted for his policies as well as the man and I respect that. It really isn't our business how they want to run their country.

He was invited here by the PM so grin and bear it - what's called for is some British stiff upper lip not the angry waving of pitchforks.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
How many state visits do we host a year? two at most? We had the Obama's here six years ago, could we really not manage the next four years with 7 or 8 state visits from other countries rather than going back to the yanks?

This guy simply doesn't deserve the pomp and ceremony and prestige of a state visit.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Why?

An extract from https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/27/never-mind-the-optics-theresa-mays-us-dash-was-mortifying?CMP=share_btn_tw

Tariffs between the US and the UK are already low, so it is the dropping of a different kind of barrier that Trump would be after. That could be a softening of the food standards that have kept out hormone-injected US beef. Or granting access to the NHS to overcharging US drug companies. Or a relaxation in environmental or labour rules that, set with our onetime EU partners, proved too onerous for US firms until now.

When Trump demands all that, May – needing a deal, any deal, to prove that Brexit is not a disaster – will struggle to say no. And what would be gained? One study, released on Friday, estimated that leaving the single market would bring a loss in UK trade of up to 30% – while a new deal with the US might boost it by a meagre 2%. It was a reminder that while the US might be a bigger market for British exports than any other single country, it is dwarfed by the European continent on our doorstep.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
He lost the popular vote by 3 million votes

True - but he also got 46% of the national vote.

You have to go back to 1960s to find a UK political party with that share of the popular vote.
He's certainly got more of a political mandate than Theresa May in my opinion.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
True - but he also got 46% of the national vote.

You have to go back to 1960s to find a UK political party with that share of the popular vote.
He's certainly got more of a political mandate than Theresa May in my opinion.

We don't have a two party system.

I do agree that Theresa May has zero mandate though.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
How many state visits do we host a year? two at most? We had the Obama's here six years ago, could we really not manage the next four years with 7 or 8 state visits from other countries rather than going back to the yanks?

This guy simply doesn't deserve the pomp and ceremony and prestige of a state visit.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall if he ever met Phil the Greek.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Queenie does invite some delightful people round, it has to be said:

5–8 October 1971 Emperor Hirohito, KG (1929–41, 1971-) and Empress Kōjun of Japan
11–14 December 1973 President Mobutu Sese Seko and Madame Mobutu of Zaire
13–16 June 1978 President Nicolae Ceaușescu and Madame Ceausescu of Romania
13–16 November 1979 President Suharto and First Lady Tien Soeharto of Indonesia
16–19 April 1985 President Hastings Banda of Malawi
17–20 May 1994 President Mugabe of Zimbabwe
24–27 June 2003 President Vladimir Putin and Mrs. Lyudmila Putina of Russia
30 October – 1 November 2007 King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Is this not all a bit hypocritical?

We don't like Trump's policy of banning people from his country so we have a petition to ban him from our country.

46272263.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here