Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just watched another press conference and now he's rambling on about the world being a mess and how he's going to take care of it all.

Does he drink a lot?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He is way beyond Francis Underwood and seems to have no boundaries.
I just wonder what his comments would have been if RT had taken the microphone to ask a question. No doubt a beacon for others to follow great integrity truth above everything else.
Still yet again all about Trump and zero detail on how he single handedly is going to save America first then the world.
The trouble is his supporters blindly lap this up. And to think some believe he can be reigned in.

Maybe the muppet show is no longer on at Selhurst but has moved to DC.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tell you what havent laughed so much about politics in a long time, his presidency has just been solid gold.

Me neither. Mind you, I thought Trump was comedy, until I saw Sebastian Gorka (one of his media minions) on Newsnight just now. He's utterly priceless :lol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's comedy gold!

To be fair he has got a point about the press and the media, but it's no different to what every other politician faces. It would be great if Trump vs the mass media escalates to a point that inspires more responsible reporting across the political spectrum.

Just watching newsnight, Evan Davis just described him as "unhinged" which is exactly what Trump said would happen. They are playing into his hands because it diverts attention away from his policies.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He is way beyond Francis Underwood and seems to have no boundaries.
I just wonder what his comments would have been if RT had taken the microphone to ask a question. No doubt a beacon for others to follow great integrity truth above everything else.
Still yet again all about Trump and zero detail on how he single handedly is going to save America first then the world.
The trouble is his supporters blindly lap this up. And to think some believe he can be reigned in.

Maybe the muppet show is no longer on at Selhurst but has moved to DC.

Francis Underwood 'is' at least clever! Trump sounds like he skipped school and has landed on the throne like some weak medieval heir following the death of his warrior dad. Most UNpresidential president of all time. He just spouts garbage and I'm not talking about his politics, I'm talking about his everyday speech! It's just random aimless drivel that hardly bears any correlation to questions asked. Maybe he is insane, in the correct meaning rather than derogatory sense?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Francis Underwood 'is' at least clever! Trump sounds like he skipped school and has landed on the throne like some weak medieval heir following the death of his warrior dad. Most UNpresidential president of all time. He just spouts garbage and I'm not talking about his politics, I'm talking about his everyday speech! It's just random aimless drivel that hardly bears any correlation to questions asked. Maybe he is insane, in the correct meaning rather than derogatory sense?

Donald Trump is like Joffrey Lannister all grown up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was going to switch to QT but I had to stay with that 'conversation'.

Felt like the guy was going to rip off his beard any moment and reveal himself to be Jeremy Beadle, and this entire episode to be one enormous global prank.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Felt like the guy was going to rip off his beard any moment and reveal himself to be Jeremy Beadle, and this entire episode to be one enormous global prank.

Any ideas that the BBC comedy department may have had about a mocumentary on the Trump presidency have been blown away as its actually happening in real life.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tell you what havent laughed so much about politics in a long time, his presidency has just been solid gold.

I know what you mean and I've been thinking similarly. But today I've stopped laughing. He is a joke but it's no joke. 4 more years of this administration and policy is to keep berating the media, keep denying, keep confusing and the moment we start to doubt or say, well, he's got a point...that's when he's won. He's already analysing who quotes without question and who doesn't...it's all very subtle but steady manipulation. I think a famous ruler of Rome once said if under siege and you had to choose between losing your army, grain stores and truth, you'd lose the first two first. Because without truth you've got nothing, no basis for anything. It underpins everything. Imagine if you couldn't trust anything? It's the basis of our decision making often subconsciously every moment of every single day. Eg I trust my food hasn't been poisoned, I trust my car has been safely made, I trust my government
is working in our national (not necessarily personal) best interests. And the free press is essential to all of that. Which Trump appears to want to destroy? So the question is, Why? I can only reach chilling conclusions myself.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Apparently he's not insane, he's evil:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/...ate.html?_r=0&referer=https://t.co/Dy6SxV0Jqg

LETTER
An Eminent Psychiatrist Demurs on Trump’s Mental State
FEBRUARY 14, 2017
To the Editor:

Fevered media speculation about Donald Trump’s psychological motivations and psychiatric diagnosis has recently encouraged mental health professionals to disregard the usual ethical constraints against diagnosing public figures at a distance. They have sponsored several petitions and a Feb. 14 letter to The New York Times suggesting that Mr. Trump is incapable, on psychiatric grounds, of serving as president.

Most amateur diagnosticians have mislabeled President Trump with the diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder. I wrote the criteria that define this disorder, and Mr. Trump doesn’t meet them. He may be a world-class narcissist, but this doesn’t make him mentally ill, because he does not suffer from the distress and impairment required to diagnose mental disorder.

Mr. Trump causes severe distress rather than experiencing it and has been richly rewarded, rather than punished, for his grandiosity, self-absorption and lack of empathy. It is a stigmatizing insult to the mentally ill (who are mostly well behaved and well meaning) to be lumped with Mr. Trump (who is neither).

Bad behavior is rarely a sign of mental illness, and the mentally ill behave badly only rarely. Psychiatric name-calling is a misguided way of countering Mr. Trump’s attack on democracy. He can, and should, be appropriately denounced for his ignorance, incompetence, impulsivity and pursuit of dictatorial powers.

His psychological motivations are too obvious to be interesting, and analyzing them will not halt his headlong power grab. The antidote to a dystopic Trumpean dark age is political, not psychological.

ALLEN FRANCES

Coronado, Calif.

The writer, professor emeritus of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Duke University Medical College, was chairman of the task force that wrote the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders IV (D.S.M.-IV).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I watched his press conference tonight. It quite disturbed me. The way he attacked a reporter, in fact a number of reporters, for asking legitimate questions was astonishing.

Not only that, when he talks about 'What I'm going to do in (insert country)' it's quite worrying. It's as if he thinks the world is his own business.

Really, really, disturbing.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I guess a few who voted for Trump solely because they didn't like Hillary or her emails are perhaps now not so keen on their new president ?

Hillary is finished and out of the game, but they've now got at least 4 years of this guy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I guess a few who voted for Trump solely because they didn't like Hillary or her emails are perhaps now not so keen on their new president ?

Hillary is finished and out of the game, but they've now got at least 4 years of this guy.

I honestly don't think he'll last that long. I thought he might just be subservient to the hawks. I think I was wrong there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The middle tweet from post 1359.

Trump voters were voting for the rule book to be thrown out, they were voting for big gestures, big talk and big ideas.
They are getting exactly what they want, at the moment.

Come back with that point in a year or so (assuming we're all still alive) when it's starting to become obvious there's no substance to the noise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here