Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The problem is you are incorrect. Here, I've copied the edit from the above post to shed some light on it for you. It is timely that you posted the bit I have highlighted in your post. Trump's claims and you're understanding/belief of the situation are, I'm afraid incorrect.

Trump claimed that this list was declared by Obama as the seven MOST dangerous territories for terrorists. This is a half truth.

They were identified by the Obama administration as having the potential to harbour terrorists and procedures were put in place to check the travel history of people trying to enter the US after passing through these territories.

Very different from what Trump would have you believe and very different from what Trump has tried to do about it. There is a significant difference.

So it seems I do seem to know more about it than say, you for instance.

I didn't object to Obama's stance on this matter because it was perfectly reasonable, unlike Trump's which is reactionary and inflamatory and shows a deep lack of understanding. As does your above post.

You have just corroborated what I said, I have never said that Obama and Trump did the same thing.

I said that Obama identified the risk, I said that Obama let in 31 Syrian refugees in 2012 and 36 in 2013 at the height of the barrell bombing and Chemical attacks against women and children, he also put a tough restrictions on Iraqis refugees after the FBI tipped him off that some terrorists were using his refugee procedure to enter with an intention to cause harm to the US.

Just writing in big letters doesnt make your point any clearer, which Obama policy of Syrian and Iraqi refugees did you support, of course you didnt know but lets pretend ??

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think a lot of people have good reason to "whine". And actions from previous presidents doesn't give him a get-out-of-jail card......which seems to be the basis of your argument.

No for me I am clear, I supported the Obama policies too and also up to now Trumps policy, theres the difference, however if you rein against Trumps current policies whilst not caring or not challenging at the time just makes you look a little hypocriticle.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You have just corroborated what I said, I have never said that Obama and Trump did the same thing.

I said that Obama identified the risk, I said that Obama let in 31 Syrian refugees in 2012 and 36 in 2013 at the height of the barrell bombing and Chemical attacks against women and children, he also put a tough restrictions on Iraqis refugees after the FBI tipped him off that some terrorists were using his refugee procedure to enter with an intention to cause harm to the US.

Just writing in big letters doesnt make your point any clearer, which Obama policy of Syrian and Iraqi refugees did you support, of course you didnt know but lets pretend ??

You have misunderstood the FACTS. Go back, read through what you wrote and then read what I wrote. You'll see where I have pointed out you are wrong. Obama categorically DID NOT point these countries out as being the MOST dangerous. It's not really open for interpretation, You are wrong.

I think trying to make out I don't know what I'm talking about is a bit redundant seeing as I seem to have to correct your every post for you. As for the Syria and Iraq policies, well let's just say you need to get your head round the "Most dangerous countries" part first, then we can move on to teaching you about the other stuff. Let me know when you have understood teh previous points and I'll have a crack at explaining the rest to you.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No for me I am clear, I supported the Obama policies too and also up to now Trumps policy, theres the difference, however if you rein against Trumps current policies whilst not caring or not challenging at the time just makes you look a little hypocriticle.

Not necessarily. It could mean you were not aware. It could mean you think Trump has acted in a very different manner to previous administrations. It could mean other things as well. This "hypocrisy" line is a very common theme you use in discussions. It's also a well known deflection technique to avoid addressing the actual point in hand.

As an aside, you have, I think, finally answered my question about whether you agree with a tar-everyone approach.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fresh Russian allegations today. I'm going to revise my estimate from shot within two years to out of office in 1.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Fresh Russian allegations today. I'm going to revise my estimate from shot within two years to out of office in 1.

This. Very much so. He will be overwhelmed with accusations, have too many of his ideas blocked, claim that congress don't appreciate him and that he cannot improve the US under these conditions. Say they don't deserve him, leave office.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
According to the Washington Post and Bloomberg, Trump’s ban did not include any of the Muslim-majority countries where the Trump Organization — which is now being run by his sons — holds business interests. Those countries reportedly include Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey, the U.A.E. and Azerbaijan.

Umm so what? That statement is irrelevant to everything. What is your point in posting it?
When the list was compiled under the Obama administration the criteria for compiling the list did not include looking at countries where Donald Trump does or does not do business.
The only people making any relevance of this are the usual gullible conspiracy theory loons who tend to get their news from shared articles on clickbait websites and facebook

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Umm so what? That statement is irrelevant to everything. What is your point in posting it?
When the list was compiled under the Obama administration the criteria for compiling the list did not include looking at countries where Donald Trump does or does not do business.
The only people making any relevance of this are the usual gullible conspiracy theory loons who tend to get their news from shared articles on clickbait websites and facebook

Talking of relevance to a discussion....You've been trawling back through my old posts again haven't you, you silly sausage. You need a hobby!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As the Chump and his mates always seem to be on about narcissism recently,thought I would look up what the idiots were on about.Apparently,the expert on this was a Victorian hipster called Havelock Ellis.I now understand a bit more about their fascination,as he was an expert on excessive ************ and came from Croydon,hence why his theories are so well known to the lefties!:lolol: weirdbeard.jpg

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Talking of relevance to a discussion....You've been trawling back through my old posts again haven't you, you silly sausage. You need a hobby!

ive been catching up on two days of silliness on this thread(you only posted that yesterday), thats hardly trawling back through your old posts is it, it stuck out a mile as a bizarre thing to write.
Your paranoia linked victim card though is duly noted.
Anyway back to the point you avoided. What is the relevance in posting that statement?

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
ive been catching up on two days of silliness on this thread(you only posted that yesterday), thats hardly trawling back through your old posts is it, it stuck out a mile as a bizarre thing to write.
Your paranoia linked victim card though is duly noted.
Anyway back to the point you avoided. What is the relevance in posting that statement?

I see. Right. I didn't recall posting that because a) I DIDN'T write it and b) it was part of a cut and paste that I didn't go back and delete as I meant to and c) you have posted a fragment utterly out of context (cute). It was the list of acts and perpetrators I was going for. Not the pre-amble. It was to highlight that the countries listed by Obama (as potentially harmful) and Trump (as the MOST dangerous) have no record of being the most dangerous to the US. I'm very sorry to have confused you.

Don't suppose you have anything relevant to add? nah, didn't think so.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I see. Right. I didn't recall posting that because a) I DIDN'T write it and b) it was part of a cut and paste that I didn't go back and delete as I meant to. It was the list of acts and perpetrators I was going for. Not the pre-amble. It was to highlight that the countries listed by Obama and Trump have no record of being the most dangerous to the US. I'm very sorry to have confused you.

Don't suppose you have anything relevant to add? nah, didn't think so.

Im far from confused but relevant eh?

Ok, if you want relevance it was neither Trump or Obama that said these 7 countries were the most dangerous, those words came from the mouth of Reince Priebus White House chief of staff.
Trumps words were what he put his signature to in the Executive Order, namely aliens entering from these countries outlined in legislation " would be detrimental to the interests of the United States"
Im getting the sneaky suspicion you never actually read the order or anything associated with it.
If you want more relevance , to go on the list its not simply about harbouring terrorists as you claimed earlier. The order is quite clear and links the legislation, to get on the list the Criteria include.

(I) whether the presence of an alien in the country or area increases the likelihood that the alien is a credible threat to the national security of the United States;

“(II) whether a foreign terrorist organization has a significant presence in the country or area; and

“(III) whether the country or area is a safe haven for terrorists.

And that brings me to your relevance where people like you list the attackers who have killed people on American soil and say look no one from these countries.
Why do people like you omit all the terrorist convictions in USA from nationals of these countries where they have been done for aiding and planning.
These types of terrorist who help in finance, logistics,planning and training are just as dangerous as the radicalised home grown loon who gets to pull the trigger and who is the last link in a long dangerous chain.
I wonder what the agenda here is of avoiding to mention them?

im here all week if you are still confused, and stop copying and pasting from clickbait websites

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Im far from confused but relevant eh?

Ok, if you want relevance it was neither Trump or Obama that said these 7 countries were the most dangerous, those words came from the mouth of Reince Priebus White House chief of staff.
Trumps words were what he put his signature to in the Executive Order, namely aliens entering from these countries outlined in legislation " would be detrimental to the interests of the United States"
Im getting the sneaky suspicion you never actually read the order or anything associated with it.
If you want more relevance , to go on the list its not simply about harbouring terrorists as you claimed earlier. The order is quite clear and links the legislation, to get on the list the Criteria include.

(I) whether the presence of an alien in the country or area increases the likelihood that the alien is a credible threat to the national security of the United States;

“(II) whether a foreign terrorist organization has a significant presence in the country or area; and

“(III) whether the country or area is a safe haven for terrorists.

And that brings me to your relevance where people like you list the attackers who have killed people on American soil and say look no one from these countries.
Why do people like you omit all the terrorist convictions in USA from nationals of these countries where they have been done for aiding and planning.
These types of terrorist who help in finance, logistics,planning and training are just as dangerous as the radicalised home grown loon who gets to pull the trigger and who is the last link in a long dangerous chain.
I wonder what the agenda here is of avoiding to mention them?

im here all week if you are still confused, and stop copying and pasting from clickbait websites

Absolutely nothing you have written contradicts my original point. The rest of what you have written is conjecture and waffle. As usual. Must try harder. 3/10.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Absolutely nothing you have written contradicts my original point. The rest of what you have written is conjecture and waffle. As usual. Must try harder. 3/10.

conjecture eh?
im all ears, what in that post was opinion based on incomplete information?

im thinking my question may lead to one of your frequent follow up "whatevs" moments.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
conjecture eh?
im all ears, what in that post was opinion based on incomplete information?

im thinking my question may lead to one of your frequent follow up "whatevs" moments.

Whatever. Bored with arguing with you. I'll leave it there.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
26 days in and it just keeps on giving.

A Trump Presidency makes Brexit look like a great idea

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
26 days in and it just keeps on giving.

A Trump Presidency makes Brexit look like a great idea
Both are going to end in tears.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I would say antagonising the Intelligence Community when they claim they have plenty of evidence linking you to the Russians is probably not a good idea.......

[tweet]831872441597194241[/tweet]

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here