Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wonder if Studio works for Waitrose;

din.jpg

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Regardless of where you sit on the political spectrum, surely we can all agree that Trump is somewhat thin skinned and narcissistic with a tendency to lash out his seemingly unfiltered thoughts and feelings(usually via twitter). With that in mind it would be pretty funny to deny him a State visit and all the pomp that goes with it just to enjoy his reaction.

It would be, if you're into that kind of thing, high level international political bants.

I could not see the USA voting for a person who is completly lacking in the experience required as their leader,now that he is running the country we must accept him remembering he is prepared to assist us when we leave Europe.He has no doubt noted that Germany and Sweden are now having huge problems after taking in large numbers of immigrants.
It would be interesting to learn the breakdown of Remain voters and foriegners who marched in protest against Trumps visit and did they consider the affect it would have on any nation accepting large numbers of immigrants as far as hospital waiting lists,GP`s time and school classroom numbers are concerned.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having just watched the first in the latest series of:-

Last Week Tonight - with John Oliver.

I strongly recommend it to the house.
I believe it's on Sky Atlantic tonight, but available through Kodi now.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Look forward to seeing street protests and online petitions over this :-

Saudi Arabia ‘deports 40,000 Pakistani workers over terror fears

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...fears-attacks-counter-terrorism-a7578151.html

Pakistani nationals have carried out terror attacks in the country. Maybe thats why, whereas, no terrorists from the named countries in Trumps ban committed any terror attacks in the USA. (Apart from the Bowling Green Massacre of course)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Pakistani nationals have carried out terror attacks in the country. Maybe thats why, whereas, no terrorists from the named countries in Trumps ban committed any terror attacks in the USA. (Apart from the Bowling Green Massacre of course)

I'm very surprised by your reply. Are you saying that indiscriminately deporting 40000 people is fine if one of their compatriots commits a terrorist act ? That's actually a lot worse than Trump's policy. Seems to me that you are endorsing Trump style immigration policy based on punishing people because of their place of birth. Trump and his like will endure if all we have to offer is that kind of inconsistent argument.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm very surprised by your reply. Are you saying that indiscriminately deporting 40000 people is fine if one of their compatriots commits a terrorist act ? That's actually a lot worse than Trump's policy. Seems to me that you are endorsing Trump style immigration policy based on punishing people because of their place of birth. Trump and his like will endure if all we have to offer is that kind of inconsistent argument.

No, im saying there is no comparison to the Trump ban, and the reasons for the protests.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting

Well you see Saudi Arabia is a muslim country and you can't criticize them lest you be dubbed a racist.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What a ridiculous post. Well done.

I can't help but feel that you have opened yourself up to that accusation even if it is untrue. 40000 people are to be deported even though they have done nothing wrong. The protests against Saudi Arabia should be a lot bigger than the protests against Trump. The anti Trump protestors will lose this debate because of hypocrisy and it is a completely unnecessary own goal.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well you see Saudi Arabia is a muslim country and you can't criticize them lest you be dubbed a racist.
of course he wont criticise saudi arabia, it might have a dreadful human rights record far in excess of anything trump is planning , but [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] worked there , like many on here, hes a hypocrite you see.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I can't help but feel that you have opened yourself up to that accusation even if it is untrue. 40000 people are to be deported even though they have done nothing wrong. The protests against Saudi Arabia should be a lot bigger than the protests against Trump. The anti Trump protestors will lose this debate because of hypocrisy and it is a completely unnecessary own goal.

All I have said, is that the comparison with the Trump ban is invalid. It is entirely different.
Have you organised a protest against the Saudi regime?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
of course he wont criticise saudi arabia, it might have a dreadful human rights record far in excess of anything trump is planning , but [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] worked there , like many on here, hes a hypocrite you see.

Its not that i wont criticise Bushy. I agree, the Saudi government has a lot to answer for. Ive also mentioned this in previous posts regarding their role in the conflicts in the region.
However, the comparison made with the Trump ban, is invalid. Thats it.
Will you be joining Nevill on his march to the Saudi Embassy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here