Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
Done. The number of signatures noticeably went up a fair number on at least three occasions as I was looking at it.

My wife signed it earlier on this evening when it was 300k plus. When I signed it, that had reached well over 800k.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Can't stand the bloke from what I've seen so far, but they're never going to block him from coming to the UK, no matter how many sign the petition. Mrs May & friends have too much to lose to cause a diplomatic issue over it.

He'll come, and I bet there will be street protests on a scale not seen since Blair was in charge. Awful man, but I can't be the only one harbouring a certain fascination with how this is all going to pan out over the next four years. Unsettling times.

My take is that the petition is to stop it being a State Visit, which means he gets to meet Her Maj., not to actually stop him coming to talk with the PM. Perhaps the surge in signatures spotted by a previous poster are from the Royal Household setting up numerous fake email addresses to boost the numbers :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No.

Horrible man, really quite odious. But, might turn out to be an OK President. Possibly.

Whatever, should not be banned from a State Visit. Better not grope Her Maj. though................

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
5000+ have signed it in Brighton Pavilion. 4.66% of constituents - highest in country.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Can we just concentrate on holding Bush and Blair to account for crimes against peace please?

he is the US leader, with a democratic mandate.
do i like the mandate? no.
do i like him? no.
should we stop him visiting here on the basis of what he's actually done in office? no. of course not.

people are losing themselves in this. since when has the US (or UK for that matter) not had a pretty horrendous set of foreign policy ethics? this is just more overtly populist and nationalist (despite the large crowds in opposition). what has come before was also wrong and dangerous though.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
A guy on the radio who has a British passport, works for the BBC world service and came over from Iran in 2009 when he was forced to leave was subjected to a 2+ hour inquisition at Chicago Airport. The thing that made me laugh - if you can laugh at any of this - was that the US officials insisted on having his mobile password and then combed through his Facebook and Twitter looking for political comments. Given Trumps multi-media circus the irony is delicious - albeit probably completely lost on him and the rednecks who elected him!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair to him, he did take Therese's hand and not grab her pussy. On that basis he should be allowed in the country.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Wonder how many of these people signed petitions or protested against the Chinese or Saudi Leaders on their state visits ... selective outrage?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
My take is that the petition is to stop it being a State Visit, which means he gets to meet Her Maj., not to actually stop him coming to talk with the PM. Perhaps the surge in signatures spotted by a previous poster are from the Royal Household setting up numerous fake email addresses to boost the numbers :)

That is exactly what it says.

quote_icon.png
Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.

I don't care if Her Majesty gets embarrassed but I still signed it all the same.

Just because.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here