Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Where's the petition demanding that he IS given a state visit with all the trimmings? I'll definitely sign that one.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Have none of the above actually read what the petition is for, or even read the thread they're contributing to?

There is NO suggestion of banning Trump from coming here, nor of 'not allowing him to speak'.

Yes, that.

Exile, read my post again.
I clearly said, 'STATE OR NOT.
This was conveniently left out of my quote that you used.
Heaven forbid that you are a spreader of 'fake news'.???

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Not really a lover of populist petitions, and I really can't see the point of trying to ban this visit by Trump. State or not.
Let him come over, meet the Queen for afternoon tea and a banquet, address Parliament, discuss with politicians the myriad of topics that our two nations need to discuss, see the protesters( peaceful, I hope!) etc.etc.
Banning him is a little bit like the bans that are occuring in our unis. Don't allow anyone to come and speak unless we agree with what they are going to say.
Let us grow up and get on with it.In general, how do you constructively influence events by banning, visits, meetings and discussions.

EXILE: Take note of full quote.......STATE or NOT.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He won a democratic vote so why can't people just get on with things. It's becoming so boring all this anti-Brexit and anti-Trump onversation.

Nobody is saying he shouldn't visit the UK. He should visit our government and talk about trade etc. The petition is asking that he shouldn't be given all the red carpet treament, like riding in a state carriage, dining with the Queen and being feted like a hero. There is a difference.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
What a ridiculous petition. He's a democratically elected leader, not some dictator. The government will just ignore this I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exile, read my post again.
I clearly said, 'STATE OR NOT.
This was conveniently left out of my quote that you used.
Heaven forbid that you are a spreader of 'fake news'.???

Then you went on to say the word ban. Nobody is asking for him to be banned from the UK. The petition is asking for a normal trade visit not a state visit.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
This is like the botched vote run for a 2nd referendum. Trump will visit come what may. The only people making money out of this are the internet site who are now getting loads of hits. Clever people !!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is like the botched vote run for a 2nd referendum. Trump will visit come what may. The only people making money out of this are the internet site who are now getting loads of hits. Clever people !!

The petition is about the TYPE of visit. Nobody is saying he shouldn't visit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In my opinion having dealt with vicious narcissists, it is very much in the interests of this country to give him his state visit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wonder how many of these people signed petitions or protested against the Chinese or Saudi Leaders on their state visits ... selective outrage?

Completely this. The whole Trump thing is a media generated hype.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Kinda like your weird obsession with everything I post.

Trump became electable due to the actions of the Obama administration. The end.

:laugh: Looks like you've 'proved' something else beyond doubt.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
BBC now showing breaking news that over 1 million people have signed the petition!

Well, whoopee fxxkin do! That's over 60 million who haven't signed it. All just media left wing luvvies pushing this agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here