Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So people are trying to combat someone who wants to ban people from entering a country, by calling for him to be banned from entering a country? People need to learn to think a bit more and click a bit less.

You obviously haven't read the petition.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So people are trying to combat someone who wants to ban people from entering a country, by calling for him to be banned from entering a country? People need to learn to think a bit more and click a bit less.

Another one who can't read. The petition is not about banning him.

It is saying change it from a State visit to an official visit.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Absolutely Idiotic petition, on what basis should he not conduct a state visit? Because his policies anger the bed wetters? Don't get me wrong I think the guy is a strange one, but he's been elected and is US president and is following through on his policies... GET OVER IT.

Same as the idiots who signed the petition about the brexit vote, democracy voted in favour of something we don't like :tantrum:

Hello Mr angry. Bed-wetters and idiots the lot of them. Bet they all have limp handshakes too.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It has has already said it will, apparently.

https://petition.parliament.uk/help

Petitions which reach 100,000 signatures are almost always debated. But we may decide not to put a petition forward for debate if the issue has already been debated recently or there’s a debate scheduled for the near future. If that’s the case, we’ll tell you how you can find out more about parliamentary debates on the issue raised by your petition.

MPs might consider your petition for a debate before it reaches 100,000 signatures.

We may contact you about the issue covered by your petition. For example, we sometimes invite people who create petitions to take part in a discussion with MPs or government ministers, or to give evidence to a select committee. We may also write to other people or organisations to ask them about the issue raised by your petition.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He's acting like a dictator, after one week in office.

He is doing exactly what he said he would do, and exactly what he was elected to do via a democratic process. A leader that does what he said he would do. A democratically elected leader. He is not a dictator.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Completely this. The whole Trump thing is a media generated hype.

You would think people who are really motivated by fighting intolerance/misogyny/x-ism would show a bit more consistency and direct their outrage at more deserving targets. But then again I doubt you get as many social media/Islington dinner party virtue points if you mention you have signed a petition against the Chinese Leader or Saudi King ... possibly even risk being seen as a bit racist.

:rolleyes:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
https://petition.parliament.uk/help

Petitions which reach 100,000 signatures are almost always debated. But we may decide not to put a petition forward for debate if the issue has already been debated recently or there’s a debate scheduled for the near future. If that’s the case, we’ll tell you how you can find out more about parliamentary debates on the issue raised by your petition.

MPs might consider your petition for a debate before it reaches 100,000 signatures.

We may contact you about the issue covered by your petition. For example, we sometimes invite people who create petitions to take part in a discussion with MPs or government ministers, or to give evidence to a select committee. We may also write to other people or organisations to ask them about the issue raised by your petition.

:lol: ok dreary deary we will see.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He is doing exactly what he said he would do, and exactly what he was elected to do via a democratic process. A leader that does what he said he would do. A democratically elected leader. He is not a dictator.

He’s signing executive orders without consulting the US justice department, homeland security agencies etc. And this is just the start.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yet, he didn't ban any Saudis. I wonder why.

Because they were not one of the 6 listed by the Security services as being nations with a high terrorist risk at the time. They present a different problem, funding IS , funding wahibi education in Europe. But I think they should also be on the list, I would expect there will be a rollling policy on this over the next few months.

This is just the beginning and minor stuff, wait till trump gets going and takes on the Deep State and appoints judges to the SCOTUS. Then the fireworks will really start.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
However, a Downing Street source has told the BBC that cancelling the trip would be "populist gesture" and "undo everything" achieved by Theresa May during her trip to the US last week.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
We've voted for Brexit. America is our most important ally and likely to have a major part to play in how our economy performs post Brexit.

I don't much care for Donald Trump, but he has a democratic mandate and we are going to need American support. That's the realpolitik of the situation.

Having pissed off the Europeans, we can do without upsetting anyone else just now by denying a massive egotist his chance to glad hand with the Royals. Isn't that what we have a royal family for anyway?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He’s signing executive orders without consulting the US justice department, homeland security agencies etc. And this is just the start.

And doing exactly what the people voted him in to do. This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I wish we had political leaders who stuck to their word.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
he is wrong on many counts
he is doing what he said he would do his laws, his country and he is the man in charge.
YOU AND I DO NOT HAVE TO LIKE HIM

some might say its a pity our politicians cannot be so honest and do what they say
HONESTY WOULD BE SOMETHING WE CAN LEARN FROM HIM
AND AS I SAY WE ,YOU AND I DO NOT HAVE TO LIKE HIM

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
you got in just before me
And doing exactly what the people voted him in to do. This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I wish we had political leaders who stuck to their word.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There's presumption summed up in a single sentence. You haven't got a clue what people's motive is for signing the petition, but presume you do, because it fits in with your opinion.

Thunder Bolt, I have just tried to utilise a bit of commonsense, that is all.
Have a look the comments online by some of those who have signed the petition and you will get the drift for my presumptions.
P.S. Oh, and whilst we are at it, maybe I was misquoted by the misquoter, because it served his argument.
Maybe, maybe ?

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And he's building a wall without getting 3 quotes first! How reckless is that?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thunder Bolt, I have just tried to utilise a bit of commonsense, that is all.
Have a look at some of the comments online by some of those who have signed the petition and you will get the drift for my presumptions.
P.S. Oh, and whilst we are at it, maybe I was misquoted by the misquoter, because it served his argument.
Maybe, maybe ?

You've already modified your opinion from many to some of those who have signed the petition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here